First time out with the Sako .308

Hi guys. Well my first time out with my second hand Sako was interesting.

I tried 3 diff loads as shown in the pic and settled down at 100 yds.

The group showing the Lapua bullet has a shot off high and left of centre which i know i pulled. I had a black powder buff next to me trying to do to my lungs that years of smoking as yet hasn't achieved. Was that roast goose i could smell when he fired???? ;)

Not outstanding groups i know but a good start methinks. The Sako seems to prefer heavier bullets. The scope was only a x16 and the target looked damn small at 100 yds. I might pull my Nightforce off my .243 and try it on the .308 for the next round of ammo tests. Now i have some fire formed brass i'm hoping to close those groups up a bit more..

keep ya informed guys...especially the Sako owners in the forum... Cant have those redneck remy owners showing us how to do it.... :lol:;)

308_trials.JPG

Looks to me that the 167 Scenars are the best of that batch (apart from the declared pulled shot)

The 150 Fowlers are good as well, you might care to try 155 Scenars as well as they are also excellent.

Looks to me that the 167 Scenars are the best of that batch (apart from the declared pulled shot)

The 150 Fowlers are good as well, you might care to try 155 Scenars as well as they are also excellent.

Yup ur right. I have some palma match 155's i'm gonna try too. The fowlers were given to me awhile back and are hard to get hold of so i'll stick to lapuas and Sierras methinks.

Archived