2013 Nightforce Scopes

Danpd

Hi,

Had the briefing on the 2013 NF scopes, and I was very impressed indeed.

The Beast has a lot of clever functions. As well as stunning optics.

The competition scope was also very very nice. And I'm sure will give March a run for its money.

Lastly the ATACR is basically an NXS with some excellent upgrades, especially in the optics department.

Good to see them make an effort as they seemed to have rested on their laurels a bit long and other manufacturers have passed them by.

Are there big price hikes to pay for these improvements?

What did put me off is only 5moa per turn and no zero stop on the target scope and a very limited choice of rets. That's a lot of turns to get you to 1000 plus!

If some one or thing distracts you it's easy to get lost and no zero stop to help.

It will be interesting to see them in the flesh and compare pricing/optics and user friendliness against the March, as they have a tough act to follow.

In the end however it can only be good for us shooters with better kit coming out all the time.

Cheers

Dave.

I think the new NF were priced at $2321 and as we all know this same number will convert to sterling, that makes them pretty pricey? or at least on a level with the competition.

I have to agree with Dave, 5 MOA per full turret turn and no zero stop is far from ideal.

The only thing that ever let NF down for me was the glass, nice to see they have now addressed that.

I'm sure it will do well in the American market were it is obviously targeted.

Archived