.22 B/R Loads

Ballistic Hamster

hi buddy .i'm using 32 g n135 under a 53 vmax and getting 3600 out of a 22" barrel .7 1/2 remington primers 2 thou off lands not bad accuracy but may play with c.o.l .using same load with a 50 vmax and getting 3950.shot my best group ever with this load three shots touching at 200 y ,didnt want to spoil group with five shots.these loads show no sign of pressure in my gun but as you know work up

Haven't tried 53 V-max in 22BR yet do intend to soon though

But just done some loads at the weekend using 52 A-max , N135 , Fed GM205 primers @100yds chrony showing av mv speed 3753

some promising results shot using OCW method in early stages need to push them out a lot further

post-9221-0-93742800-1357603583_thumb.jpg

Hi

Three touching is good.We have all probably pulled out sometimes there.I have some cracking good 2 shot groups too! But another two shots (to 5,or better,mnore) don't spoil the group ,but tell the truer truth about precision.And if they don't spoil it you have that much more confidence about precision.

It is also an excellent mental test-but,thankfully,isn't compulsory,unless you want to do well in competitions! Be bold,at least once get the great 5 shot group as your show target!

george

hi gbal going to get out some point at weekend to play with the 53 vmax loads.if all go well i'll have to grow a pair and try 5 shots .not sure how to post photos yet but i'll get that sorted

Pork Chop, I used to be the same as you. Whenever I got a good group of 3 shots I was always anxious about firing 2 more shots downrange in case it trashed my groups size, then I had Neil Mckillop rebarrel my Tikka to 20Prac.

I have managed 5 shots groups at 170m sub 0.5" which totally blew me away.

hi gbal going to get out some point at weekend to play with the 53 vmax loads.if all go well i'll have to grow a pair and try 5 shots .not sure how to post photos yet but i'll get that sorted

Great,guys.But remember for live quarry it is accuracy of the first shot that really matters!5 shots in 1/4 moa but a foot away is no good! Of course,if you miss,precision comes in,so you can adjust scope etc with confidence for the next shot(s). 5 single one shot dead on hits with a minute or two between each and no scope adjustment,unless wind changes, is impressive varminting accuracy and precision.A target centered 5 shot 1/4 moa group of course is pretty much just that.

george

hi buddy this is what im using now 32gr n135 7 1/2 rems two thou off lands and getting 3685 fps .same load with 50gr vmax getting 3980 with same accuracy ,yes pulling that shot was a right git but thats me not the gun or load.missed an easy crow at 240 yrd yesterday but hit a rock at 500 yrd twice not a big rock either by the way .when weather improves got some 65 gr sierras and rl15 to try if i can find a starting load

Archived