Remmy VTR

I've just been watching the shooting show and they have been testing a Remmy .243 VTR rifle which has a triangular barrel, this is claimed to loose heat quicker because it has a greater surface area than a round barrel and it's also claimed it makes it much more rigid. Do you think this would be true or is it just a gimmick?

Andy

Eggzackery.

Never fired one but a serious shooter I know has one (scored it for a song..) and it's a tackdriver straight out of the box. That's still no proof the barrel design is responsible

Hi,

I've sold a couple of these and the customers have been delighted, both have been sub moa with factory ammo. The only downside is the floppy SPS type stock. I agree that the triangular barrel is a marketing gimmick and the muzzle brake is hardly a necessity in .204 or .223,

Alan

I've just been watching the shooting show and they have been testing a Remmy .243 VTR rifle which has a triangular barrel, this is claimed to loose heat quicker because it has a greater surface area than a round barrel and it's also claimed it makes it much more rigid. Do you think this would be true or is it just a gimmick?

Andy

Well,it could be measured,but not easily-cf barrel fluting.Mind you,I haven't seen many round barrels bend or melt after even an extended 3 shot grouping test...I quite liked it,and realistic benefits may well be more than from electronic ignition....

Archived