A couple from last week.

These went out last week.

The first was a lovely little Sako A1.

This came down to me just having been rebarrelled up at Border, as the customer lived on their doorstep. It then wanted stocking, bedding , painting etc.

IMG_1423.jpg

First job was a minature badger style knob, fabricating and fitting. The standard sized one was too much on such a delicate little gun.

IMG_1420.jpg

I then ordered the sako varmint style stock from McMillan, and after 4 months it appeared. Marine tex bedded the rifle and aluminium pillars too.

IMG_1422_crop.jpg

The rifle was then completely stripped and even the trigger blade and safety catch were removed, blasted and painted. The paint being H+K satin black duracoat.

IMG_1421_crop.jpg

The barrel is a rem varmint profile, fluted, and fitted with an invisible cap and Jet-z mod. Twist was 1 in 14" to shoot the lighter weight .30 cal bullets in the .308 chambering.

This was a really dainty , lightweight little gun that was balanced perfectly.

2nd up was another Fatboy :D

This T3 was rebarrelled with a 20" 1.1" parallel border archer blank in .223 calibre.

IMG_1424_crop.jpg

Stock is a McMillan A5-3 and is fully bedded etc.

My magazine conversion and converted .308 AICS mags to suit.

IMG_1426.jpg

Mod is a jet-z and the paint is OD green tactical duracoat.

Custom bolt handle, fluted bolt and picatinny rail.

.308 George.

The Tikka tenon is a good length Danny, but you dont want to reduce it if at all possible.

Yes,I know-308...260 hadn't got onto sako's list then!I meant as a (short) rebarrel,.260 would be just dandy nowadays.

george

Yes,I know-308...260 hadn't got onto sako's list then!I meant as a (short) rebarrel,.260 would be just dandy nowadays.

george

Yes it would George. I had this dilemma with my own 20" Tikka though....and went 6.5 x 47 instead , due to the smaller case capacity, working on the theory that it had a better chance of a full burn in a short barrel in 6.5.

This little .308 shouldn't have any problems in that dept.

Archived