.243 start load

cloverleaf

Hi Guys,

Well after my last post i ordered a grs stock for my .243 Sauer and it landing on friday.

Would like to load some rounds for it , Planning on using 95gr nosler bt and vit n160 can i pick some brains as its a new round for me to load.

All the best,

Cloverleaf

have you ever considered looking on the Vit website

have you ever considered looking on the Vit website

I find V140 works fine,with lighter 6mm bullets,and V150.Maybe V160 will do so for the heavier.Grodas looks a nice stock-which one did you get,if there was a choice-I'm still waiting for the fclass version to emerge.

Vihtavouri data is available on their website,as recommended here,and it just plain works.but there really is a vast amount of 243 data-try 6br usa site.

george

Be interested in your findind with V 160 , I couldn't get it to group in my 243 which was annoying cus I'd got shed loads for my 7mm but found the best for mine was 36 gr 4895 in standard 9 1/4 twist remington barrel and know it also worked well for a Howa and a sako , don't know their twist though . Hope you find a good load , cheers Ian

Thanks guys,

I went for the adj hunting stock in black which is more like a grey, if I had a target rifle then the blue black combination looks wicked. One I get the rifle together and a few rounds down the range then will post some pictures.

Thanks-yes good choice for sauer sporter-but blue is nice-the only option for the fclass-how easy is that!

As Ian says,barrel twist can be critical for bullet weight,as you get to the upper normal limit of bullet weight for 243.It is usually though quite tolerant on powders.I had a sako that would hit the stamp on a postcard with 87g,but would not hit the postcard with anything heavier (not a problem for my use,87g will do nicely!)and it can be down to individual rifles-another apparently identical may/not handle the heavies.If it doesn't work out,there are lots of other options.

george

Archived