Is someone trying to tell me something??

kip270

This year hasn't been the best to be honest, in January whilst out pheasant beating I was getting over a barbed wired fence when I landed I managed to snap my cruciate ligament in my right knee and was off work for 8 weeks. Now I'm waiting to have an op to repair my knee and have been told that I'm not allowed on any rough ground because of my knee being unstable, but I have purchased a hinged knee support so I can get out and about.I have a new addition to my armoury too a lovely Sako 75 in 25-06, but have yet to get out and use it, and I have managed to have a bolt knob fitted by Baldie, and the turn around was great.biggrin.gifAlong with a selection of Steel targets from Bruce, I have everything ready to get out and get some lead down range.We've not long come back from Holiday and then it's time for me to get out with the rifle's............I wish.I have been suffering with Vertigo since last Wednesday!!! And was back at the Doctors this morning because it's not getting any better, plus the weather is not the best either.......

To say I'm just a little frustrated is an understatement.......unsure.gif

Here's hoping things improve soonbiggrin.gif

I can see you frustration.

But think once your knee is fixed and you are on the mend you should have plenty of time to play.

My wife has just had her cruciate ligament reconstructed and has been signed off for 3 months.

She is now 5 weeks on and is getting about very nicely and she still has 2 months off!

Cheers

Dave

Kip I know your frustration. I tore my right ACL a few years back on (off! :lol: ) motorbikes. It came to a head when I jumped two steps off the loft ladder with my little lad and damaged the same knee carltlidge. That put me off work for about 3 months although I did have a few little fires in the woods and brew ups with not being able to get about and shoot.

All i would say is look after yourself and stock up on reloading supplies, surprising how many reloads you can do with an hour here and there :rolleyes: ready for when you are good again.

Keep an eye on your weight as sitting around isn't going to help and then the knee will be under more strain. Think I lived most days on noodles just to avoid piling it on.

It can get depressing but once sorted you will be fine :)

if it helps you through this traumatic time i will come and shoot everthing on your land for you and check your new rifle works ok and film it for you so you can watch it on telly. :lol:

chin up pal and remember there is allways some poor git out there who would love to just have your problems.

Archived