Case stuck in resize die

between the eyes

Drill and tap a thread into the bottom of the case. Screw in a short stud and then find or make a short tube to fit over the portion of case sticking out of the resize die. Slide on the tube, a washer and nut. Slowly tighten nut and that should withdraw the stuck case.

Otherwise send it to a competent smith, loads on here.

Sorry to be negative but don't tap the pin , did that and shagged the pin , bent straight away . The way I did it in end was to undo collar on pin on top and carefully prised up pin using leverage on both sides together . The pin was withdrawn then allowing u th then drop a dowel or punch down the centre to tap the case out . I had this happen on a 7mm rum case and I started from bottom piddled about for ages and , drilled and tapped but that tight it sheered of an - pin trying to withdraw it . Method above , two minutes and out . Made me feel a right numpty . Can't remember member who advised me but very thankful to them , cheers Ian

Case stuck in resize die on .243, how the hell can I get it out?

Whilst resizing some cases I have got one stuck, the die is now out of the press but the case is still in it, what can I do to get it out please?

Cheers BTE

1 freeze it-differential contaction might just work (brass contracts more than steel)if there is any rim left for press to catch-be quick

2.send to someone who has the tools-as suggested

3.Buy a case remover kit (£15 or so) then you can do it in 20 minutes or so (vice needed)

4. Don't do again,but when you do, option 3 will seem like the best decision,espif it's on Friday,and you want to shoot that weekend

Many of us have done it,I'm sure!

george

Archived