Feeding 6br rounds on m595 action

Hi guys im aware there are some rifles that will feed 6 br rounds. I've seen the Remington on here with a mag that was feeding them. Think it was done by baldie.

Then sako 75 with 6 ppc mag is said to feed them. And so is the tikka m590 or 595 as long as it has the 22/250 mag.

now what I would like to know is does the 22/250 mag on the tikka action feed it with no work.

Or do you have to adjust the feed lips on mag. And put a block in the back of it?

I have 6mmbr on a 590 action, feeds flawlessly from a 22-250 mag with no modifications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxnyCGzs1ok

Cheers,

Jinks

Cheers jinks just the post I was looking for mate. What twist is the br you have and what bullets you use

Cheers jinks just the post I was looking for mate. What twist is the br you have and what bullets you use

It's a 1 in 8 twist, I use 105gn A-Max for long range gong shooting and 87gn V-Max for varminting. I am in the process of oiling up a Joe West stock for it, so watch this space..............

It's a 1 in 8 twist, I use 105gn A-Max for long range gong shooting and 87gn V-Max for varminting. I am in the process of oiling up a Joe West stock for it, so watch this space..............

Sounds good jinks. Have you tried any lighter rounds in it mate.

My 590 feeds 6mmbr out of a 223 mag. 1:9 twist, shoots anything from 58gn upwards less than .4'. The 58vmax goes faster than a 50 in a 22.250, I think (> 3800fps) but some times fails to reach the target ;). 65gn vmax are deer legal!! Shines with anything Hornady makes so long as it is 87gn.

Best wishes

Finman

Never had the need to yet, it is only used as a long range tool, I have another 595 in 22-250 for foxing

Cheers jinks sounds like a good all rounder. I have a 17 rem and a 22/250 for foxing. So this would mainly be used

Used for longer range plinking and vermin. And also nothing bigger then roe deer so ideal really.

My 590 feeds 6mmbr out of a 223 mag. 1:9 twist, shoots anything from 58gn upwards less than .4'. The 58vmax goes faster than a 50 in a 22.250, I think (> 3800fps) but some times fails to reach the target ;). 65gn vmax are deer legal!! Shines with anything Hornady makes so long as it is 87gn.

Best wishes

Finman

The 87 vmax sounds like a very good bullet. So would be ideal if I get the right twist to shoot them

A 10 twist should be ideal for this well still shooting lighter bullets.

Its important it feeds from the mag though so it looks like the tikka action is the one to get.

Im hoping my friend buys a 25/06 then I can have his tikka 243 m595 off him. It is the varmint version

In a lovely walnut oiled stock.

If not a lad Ive had a rifleoff before has a m595 stainless action with the 22/250 mag and 3rd eye rail on it. At a good price. But would have to sort a stock.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived