30R Blaser kit

For sale

New 'carton' of RWS 30R Blaser brass, this is new brass in 10 x 20 piece boxes all in the original 200 piece RWS box. Only one 20 piece box opened for an eye ball £100

Set RCBS FL 30R Blaser dies, new, unused, £50

Packing free, shipping at cost by whatever means buyer requests.

• 1 year later...

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply, I would definately be interested in some cases. Please let me know how many you can spare and the price etc?

I also need to find some dies, which if I can't find any locally, I understand are available via special order from RCBS...

Kind Regards,

Jamie

I'd happily let you have 80 cases if you want them. Same price as I paid ie £40 for 80 cases. If you want less no probs they come in 20's so the choice is yours. Dies wise you'll probably have to order them as they're not the most common. You might get them off sinclairs in the states and posted over or if you have any connections in Europe they ought to be able to help.

Cheers
Rich

Sound like a plan... I'm just off to France for a couple of days driven shooting, so all being well I will wire you the monies on Tuesday when I get back.

As a matter of interest, have you developed any good loads for the 30R? There doesn't appear to be much loading data available. So I guess 30-06 would be a good starting point and gradually build from there; obviously watching for any signs of excess pressure etc along the way?

Regards,

Jamie

my 30R is a double barrelled rifle so it has been a bit of a pig to get right frankly. I have a load of 63.5 grains N560 behind a 180 grain interbond, federal mag primer, COAL of 3.6". once I got the correct regulator ring on the top barrel it shoots about an inch at 100 yards which is perfectly good enough for what I want. It is to be used for driven boar and plains game (in thickish brush where shots are fairly close). That having been said it is a nice rifle to stalk with as it's compact and will stop pretty much anything within reason. I used quickload to get a starting point so would happily run the numbers for you when you know what bullet and powder you want to use etc.

The other thing I've found with the double barrelled rifle is that if you don't leave it to cool between pairs of shots poi can change a lot. I assume this is due to the inherent stresses of having two barrels connected and heating up. The effect is more marked than in a single barrelled rifle with a slim profile.

I hope you have a good time on the boar, I'm off to France on the boar on Thursday.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for this... I'm in the process of purchasing a Blaser S2, which apparently has floating barrels and can by regulated for my preferred load using an allen key. So hopefully by floating the barrels Blaser have found a way of preventing the point of impact from being affected by changes in barrel temperature. I've got a small amount of factory ammo lined up initially, but will give your preferred recipe a go and see where it leads me?

We had a good weekend shooting in France, hope your trip goes well.

Kind Regards,

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived