Rpa barrel profile/ contour

Baldie, thanks that's very informative. I had never heard of the old greased case method.

Proof seems similar to a car mot, proves fit for purpose at the time of test but doesn't say the wheel won't fall of tomorrow!

Ultra sound/X-ray before and after would be interesting. Have you ever seen dimensions grow following proof?

Just would like to know Baldie,.... some of those actions you strip on a weekly basis for painting that you say "the machining tolerances are a joke with some bordering on the unsafe" do you still paint them and hand them back,...or do you notify the client of their condition?....how do you tackle this situation?

Regards.

Just would like to know Baldie,.... some of those actions you strip on a weekly basis for painting that you say "the machining tolerances are a joke with some bordering on the unsafe" do you still paint them and hand them back,...or do you notify the client of their condition?....how do you tackle this situation?

Regards.

I,ve had several rifles like that over the last few years. I,ve taken photographic evidence of the work and informed the customer of the shoddy work. They then had the option of painting or not. Some did, some didn,t. That costs me money, but people appreciate it.

You would be amazed at what the inside of an action can tell you, especially when people have paid for work doing , that quite obviously has not been done.

I,ve had several rifles like that over the last few years. I,ve taken photographic evidence of the work and informed the customer of the shoddy work. They then had the option of painting or not. Some did, some didn,t. That costs me money, but people appreciate it.

You would be amazed at what the inside of an action can tell you, especially when people have paid for work doing , that quite obviously has not been done.

Reminds me of a Nesika that Neil told me about that wouldn't shoot.......Barrel was held in with PTFE tape!

Not sure I know what I am on about here but would I be right in saying in America you don't need/have a proof house?

How do solicitors etc go about defining "fit for purpose" under those circumstances?

For the reasons already mentioned earlier I don't believe that proof overloads (weakening a good set up so next "safe" round is the last!) is the ideal answer but really what other options are viable?

Archived