kestrel with horus atrag ballistic program..help

You can download the user manual from HERE.

The Kestrel Horus is a superb piece of kit and I've not had any problems with mine.

You do need to feed it good quality information though, as with any ballistics calculator.

yeh thanks for that info. i am almost completly sure something not right with data i am inputing but cant quite nail it down posibly the mv as ive not chronoed the rounds ..yet. was out last weeekend shooting at steel plate at 1000m myself and a mate both firing trg 42 .338 perfect shooting day sunny but not to bright 0 wind i was using kestrel he was using data sheet from his nightforce siftware could we hit it could we hell...lmao well any tips or hints would be good thanks

You could possibly zero at 100 yards, then go to a mid range target (400 or 500) and get a group on paper at that, then use the accuracy truing correction on the Atrag to verify this new POI, this will in effect give you a corrected MV (I think?).

Have never needed to do this as always chronograph loads first.

By sounds of it even though you have a high energy cartridge, you still need to put all the correct parameters into any ballistic prediction device - be it batteries or paper?

You could possibly zero at 100 yards, then go to a mid range target (400 or 500) and get a group on paper at that, then use the accuracy truing correction on the Atrag to verify this new POI, this will in effect give you a corrected MV (I think?).

Have never needed to do this as always chronograph loads first.

By sounds of it even though you have a high energy cartridge, you still need to put all the correct parameters into any ballistic prediction device - be it batteries or paper?

acuracy truing is that the true drop feature..?

ok thanks only its not to clear in the instuctions as to what it is and how to set it up

some good and informative posts on it in snipers hide and long range hunter. basicly if your rounds are low or high on or at the tgt after youve entered your data into the kestrel you can adjust the fall of shot by either adjusting your mv or your bc which then gives you your true drop.

Just reading between the lines, sounds to me as though you seriously need to look at all the data you have entered into your Horus to get it working correctly.

This also goes for any other ballistic program...

I have found my Horus to be extremely effective in all my long range scenarios, when the right info has been plugged in.

Did you chrono your load yet?

Just reading between the lines, sounds to me as though you seriously need to look at all the data you have entered into your Horus to get it working correctly.

This also goes for any other ballistic program...

I have found my Horus to be extremely effective in all my long range scenarios, when the right info has been plugged in.

Did you chrono your load yet?

not chronoed the load. dont have acces to a chronograph the info i have is from a vid on youtube by horus and thats where i am at the mo. all other data input is as acurate as i can get.. to be honest they dont ask for much.

Archived