Another stalking trip to Sussex!!!!!

Well first of all would like to wish you all a " happy new year " .

Had a phone call from my good friend Keith to say that Linda and Dave has kindly invited us up for some fallow stalking and could i get the time off for a long weekend.

As you can imagine i would love to go but not sure if i get the Friday and Monday off work to make the long weekend!!!

So when i returned to work i managed to wangle the Friday off so great news and we departed on Thursday night after i got home from work and Keiths partner kindly made me some tea before we left ( thanks Caroline ;) ).

We arrived at 12 30 in the evening and Linda and Dave kindly waited up for us , so it was off to bed ready for the morning stalk!!!

The plan was for me to go after the buck that did not present a safe shot after i last went up!! , nothing presented it self but still a beautiful morning!!!

The weather turned crap with heavy rain so it was a enjoyable evening in with lots of shooting talk and laughs!!!

Next day at 05 30 the weather was clear with no rain and Dave said we should be in luck!!! , so off we went to the same place and we got set up in our low seats to see what day break brings!!!!

Well as the light came in i saw that buck come out the woods to cross the field just like last time , so i was following him through me scope and just like last time the bugger was walking across without a hint of stopping!!!

I remembered what i was told last time and that is to shout " OI " to get them to stop , so thats what i did!!

I kept the crosshares on the shoulder as i followed him so when he stopped to my shout , off whizzed the Nosler 85 grain SP from my Sako 6PPC!!!! , he spun around then dropped!!!

I allowed slightly high because he was at 153yds , so as i approached i could see he was a very big buck with a impressive rack .

Here he is ....................... DSCF1589.jpgDSCF1585.jpgDSCF1583.jpgDSCF1584.jpg

To say i am over the moon with my buck and my 6PPC and Nosler 85 grain SP combination is a understatement!!!

When i gralloched the beast i seen the bullet entered the ribs and took the lungs out and exited...........

As soon as we got home and dealt with the beast i was out again but this time invited to a driven shoot!! , i missed 3 pheasants but managed to bag one pheasant / a mallard duck and a squirrel so i had a fantastic time there too!! We went for a evening stalk but rain came in and nothing showed!!!

Next morning we went out for another stalk but a heavy frost came in and nothing showed , i must say i saw plenty of fallow deer on our travels to and from stalking areas which was a joy to see!!!

We departed in the sunday afternoon for home...................

Now the important bit and that to say " a very big thankyou " to Linda and Dave for inviting us up and working so hard getting us to the right places , also for the fantastic food and drink and the laughter!!!! ;)

A very big thankyou to Keith who invited me to go with him again and for making possable in the first place!!!!

So Linda / Dave and Keith i thankyou for another experince i shall never forget and for all your kindness :D :D

Take care my lovelies....................

RAY.......................................... :D;)

Thanks guys!!! ;) ;)

He was an absolute cracker and i am so thankfull to Linda / Dave and Keith for making it possible!!!! :D :D

Had a wonderful time and yes Dave gave me a hand to pull that beastie out!!!! ;):D ...........

All the best.....................

RAY................................. :D :D

yeh ray likes givin head ;);):D:D

I knew you could not resist that!!!!! ;):D

Thanks buddy shall catch up with you soon , got alot of catching up to do my dear!!!!! :D

Take care buddy...............

RAY........................................ :D :D

great fallow mate.

got some of those on my ground and was said earlyer you are very lucky to come across one on a week-end because usally it takes a bit longer.keep up the good work and the best of luck to everybody for the rest of the year.Ratty we will try and get you one next time you come down.

regards

Winston243

Guest varmartin

Well done indeed Ray....Cracking Buck. :o

The pictures don`t do it justice...Ray had to turn side on to get in my kitchen door when he showed me his rack...and that was just the Antlers :angry::huh:

Martin

As always , thanks guys!!!! :angry::huh:

Like i said in my writeup , its because of others hard work and knowledge of where the beasts are that helps towards a successful hunt!!

Darrel , yep i sneaked away again and its nice to know i have been missed!! ( thankyou )

All the best..................

RAY........................................ :D:o

Guest 308Panther

Nice Job Ray,

That is certainly a beauty and will look good on the wall too.

Your gonna have venison comin outta your ears pretty soon.

308Panther

Nice Job Ray,

That is certainly a beauty and will look good on the wall too.

Your gonna have venison comin outta your ears pretty soon.

308Panther

Thanks Pat!!!! :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to hanging that one up , just got to find some wall space first!!! :lol: :lol:

Now Millpool behave yourself because you are starting to encourage the others now!!! ;):lol: :lol:

All the best...............

RAY........................................

Guest 308Panther

Wallspace is never the problem,

Paying for and collecting more is,

and so is finding bigger,better specimens.

My first turkey was a 21lb double beard....in five years I have yet to top

that one.

308Panther

Wallspace is never the problem,

Paying for and collecting more is,

and so is finding bigger,better specimens.

My first turkey was a 21lb double beard....in five years I have yet to top

that one.

308Panther

Well its the fantastic memories that come flooding back that is so great!!!

Every once in a while when hunting you are very fortunate to have " that special " beastie :lol: :lol:

Thanks all...................

RAY...................................... :lol: :lol:

Good going Ray :lol: Munties next :lol:

Thanks very much chris!!!! :lol: :lol:

Yes am looking forward to having a crack at the munties one day!!!

All the very best matey..............

RAY................................. :lol: :lol:

Archived