7mm magnum

munkjack

Any one use one of thease if so how do you get on with it as thinking of making a semy custom spoter for stalking and some longe range fun also would like to get into the wild boar some time and think it would be interesting to go different to the 6mm click.

• 2 weeks later...

Any one use one of thease if so how do you get on with it as thinking of making a semy custom spoter for stalking and some longe range fun also would like to get into the wild boar some time and think it would be interesting to go different to the 6mm click.

7mm RM is a great round for what you suggest. I must have had mine 7-8 years and I love it. Big enough to be a bit different but not so big as to be stupid. Whatever I point it at seems to stay very still thereafter

The 7 rem mag adds some more energy at somewhat longer ranges-and is good for most quarry,except african pachyderms-first place shot well,of course. Much more (7STW eg) gets to be rather uncomfortable to shoot much! And 7RM will be OK for boar- the 6mm s are not appropriate-they just don't have the knock down energy for an adrenalin fuelled big boar.You don't need the range,you need high energy transfer.Big is better-see what the experienced continental shooters use.

george

Hi,

For years I have used a 7mm Sharpe & Hart Super, this was a forerunner of the 7mm Rem. Mag. With the Norma factory 154gr load I have used it with complete success on roe to red and wild boar. I built my rifle round the metalwork from George Swenson's (co-designer of the Swing) Schultz & Larsen.

As long as you use a medium weight rifle or are recoil tolerant you will not be disappointed,

Alan

Archived