just getting ready to go out with the new caller

reloaderdan

hi there all im just getting ready to go out with the new caller its a remote predator by johnny stewarts it arrived on friday but havent had the chance to use it untill now so fingers crossed it will work on the charlies to night this will be the first time i have used a digital caller as nost of my calling is done by hand/mouth or with my wham.

ill let you know how we get on tonight put up a few pics if we get lucky and have a quick write up on the caller

best regards to you all and happy hunting :angry:

I got a dvd from ebay of fox calls for my mp3 in the summer, they were not bad but I need to invest more in speakers for more volume, I never take min now and am back to hand calling. Redfox you might have already been but try varmintal, they are mostly coyote type calls but there are some rabbit distress as well, what I am really after is a vixen bark, perfect for this time of year.

Happy huntng reloaderdan, hope you nail a couple.

Yes I know exactly how it sounds, I can only imagine they are shouting "come and get it big boy" or something very similar, it works every time. :angry:

I shot a vixen in mid come and get it and thought that the dog on the far side of the field would clear off. Far from it, he came running over as she dropped and was still trying to give her one when Mr Vmax came to call on him as well :rolleyes:

We do have some fun eh.

Redfox

well what a bloody night this was we left for the farm and it was spitting by the time we got there it was howling a gale and the rain was coming from all ways, perfect feild conditions to put the caller through its paces.

we parked up in a feild of about 75 acers and had a quick flash with the amber light no eyes to be seen so out with the caller, the johnny stewarts is a remote unit that has a range of about 50 feet and clames to be water resistant so down went the window and on to the roof the unit went back up with the window and left it there to get a good old soaking, now on the transmiter there are 6 buttons 5 calls and a stop button the calls were baby bird distress, rabbit destress, rodent distress (the best one so far) pup cries and a woodpecker distress decidied to try the rodent call and after about 10 mins there were the tell tail eyes of old charlie about 215yds away at our 11 o"clock postion on a still day i would have squeezed the 48gr .222 of and hit the target with a good wack but the conditions were just to bad for a safe shot the wind was gusting 25-30mph and the rain was by now like a sheet, so baught the caller back in anbd it did what it said it called the foxs in and stood upto a real pounding by the weather and all for the price of abvout £30 you cant really go wrong the sounds are loud and very clear the only thing i found anoying was that when the call got to the end of its 30 second cycle it just stoped and there was no dimming of the sound but apart from this it was a worth while buy so will be takeing it out with me again for the fox.

we had a couple of shots tonight nothing past 80yds the first was a rabbit sat in a plough furrow just showing his head for him he showed it for a second to long then bang losed of a 48gr flat noise he did not even twich :rolleyes:

55yrdbunny.jpg

the second was at about 75-80 yds just sat there munching so again let the saftey off and sent one straight to brain box number 2 for the night

48grspeerflathollowpoint.jpg

will keep you updated on the callers progress over the next few nights and see if it can have its first charlie by the weekend

happy hunting to you all

:rolleyes:

If you put it where you can see it the green led flickers when its sounding and doesnt when it finishes, not a lot to go on but better than nothing at all. I was going out, got to the farm and all hell broke loose, horizontal rain and jeep rocking about. I instinctively knew I needed to go home and get a hot cup of tea down me. :rolleyes:

Redfox

Guest Eyeball
same here redfox untill they make a scope with windscreen wipers its a bit hard in rain like we just had :rolleyes:

Yeah, and when I left it was clear yokel sky :rolleyes:

Well we were the opposite, we went out in the rain and then when we got to the farm it was clear skies. It was 2 new bits of ground tonight and was just really meant as a recky but when we put the light on there were eyes every ware. The farmer is big on sheep and at first thought it was just that but upon closer inspection it was old Charlie. 3 fox’s were taken at school boy ranges (20 yrds) but it was the calling that impressed me. A bird squeak on the back of my hand and they were doing the dead run (obviously never seen the lamp before). I’ve been lamping Charlie now ten years but it still gets my hairs standing on end when they do that.

Might look at the Johnny Stewart as it would be good when out myself. Nice write up and please keep us posted.

Adam

Archived