Rifle price advice.

I have the offer of a Remington VSSF 22-250(Synthetic stock and stainless fluted barrel) topped with a Leupold turret scope and a sound moderator it has been sitting on hold for the past few years with the family of the owner who passed away until it can be sold on. I beleive that there was a few shotguns/rifles and this is the last one left. Having no idea of its history as such and on the outside its seems to be in good condition overall it would be appreciated if anyone had an idea what it is worth as a rough ball park figure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. atb.

Until you can have it borescoped, a s/h 22-250 is worth its action only, which is £200. If its been stored with its mod on, its barrel will be scrap.

Be very careful. I had a customer in the shop only last week who had bough a 22-250 howa off of guntrader, where some unscrupulous b astard had sold him a totally shot out rifle, with schmidt scope, at a ridiculous price too, i might add.

As far as I know it has been stored in the Armoury muzzle up with the Mod on for the past few years. There is a local gunshop nearby id trust to have a look at it so I might suggest I have it checked out first there or at least the chance to fire a few shots and base any price on how that gets on. A figure of around £600 was mentioned origionally and if it turns out good I suppose it would mean that everyones happy.

Iam no gunsmith but a rifle stored muzzle up with a mod still attached for a "few" years sounds like trouble to me! Is the mod removable by hand or are pipe keys required?! Scope and action worth a couple hundred a piece maybe. :blink:

Rifle only (with welded mod),,,,200 - 250 for action.

Scope, dont know model so cannot give specific price but if its something like 4.5-14x50 then circa 350 - 450 would be start if good condition

Archived