wnt for charlie came home with dinner

reloaderdan

went for a drive round the farm the other night looking for charlie as we have been invaded by them over the last year took the .243 with me for its fisrt outing of 2008 and after about an hour and a half of sub zero tempriture i decided to pack up and head for home with no sign of charlie anywhere just as i put the old thunder stick back into her slip i caught the tell tail sign of the old roe in my lights so slowley unpacked the 243 and loaded a 100gr nostler interlock up the spout took aim at about 125 yards sliped the saftey and droped the doe on the spot reloaded just incase and saw a little rabbit just sitting feet away frozen to the spot pulled the trigger and away she went wack number two for the pot well the deer took a heart shot so will fill the freezer for the next month or so and the rabbit well the only thing it was good for was stew lol :rolleyes:

Tntbunny.jpg

RoeDoe.jpg

Hi Dan

That Roe sure looks pretty, I know you have a lot of deer down your way, shot down there a few times myself how did you appraoch DEFRA? I always thought they had a procedure but I didn't think they'd ever let anyone have it. Good luck to you Bud.

the farm owner approched defra about a year ago and one of there bods came out to see us about our wild bird/natural game cover crops wich we are payed for to plant each year as part of our iax/sfp payment and he happened to mention that we had trouble with the deer and crop/plantation damage so any way they had a chat and we herd nothing back so after the law changed in i think october he made the calll again and explained our situation sent of a deer managment plan explaned why we want to shoot at night (we have a big airforce base right next to us and they are busy most of the day and some of the night so night shooting is best for us) and they granted it

if you are ever down this way and want a shoot drop us a line mate

Archived