FAC mentor

eldon

Ian

The topic was discussing the need for a mentor which is currently being enforced by some FLD's of some constabularies much in the same way some FLD's seek to impose further restrictions upon law abiding individuals who want to deer stalk for example, by insisting they complete the DSC 1 course before they will grant an FAC. For completeness the DSC 1 as we all know is a theory course and therefore has no link or impact on the suitability of an individual to have in their possession a firearm but the FLD's still demand it..... WHY???? It is hard not to be cynical.

Therefore the need for a mentor is outside the scope of the current legislation and is not a requirement under the law. Therefore the FLD's are acting outside their authority and powers and as such have no right either legally or morally to impose further restrictions beyond what the law requires them to do; period! If they don't like what they're doing they can either leave or just like the rest of us, lobby politicians with their data & evidence and get the law changed. Regrettably to date I know of no case in either circumstance, mores the pity.

There are people out there who in my opinion should not be allowed firearms but no matter what compulsory training they had they would not in my opinion be safe but it is there right and I just keep away from them.

What we all must seek is the end to the small but constant errosion of our rights by the bigotted, small minded, ill-informed, who regrettably have found a home in the FLD's who seek to impose further restrictions on the law abiding for no better reason than because they can. Democracy was created to protect us the minority, from the "four legs good - two legs bad syndrome" :lol:

Ian - being too impatient to teach anybody to drive I fully support the call for individuals to complete compulsory driver training by experienced professionals who are infinately more experienced and patient than I. The law is changing to accomodate this, why? because imperical data and evidence has proven young drivers are a risk to themselves and to others on the road and getting formal training is key to safer roads. I would caveat this however with the system changing to teaching people to learn to drive and not pass a test which is sadly the case these days as a friend went out of business on this basis because he would not put people forward for their test before they were ready i.e. they could drive properly. Its a cruel cruel world sometimes...

Happy safe new year Ian

OA

Archived