Sako mounting system

tikkajohn

Hi lads,

Ive been looking at buying a PM11 to put on a sako 75 and hope to use the same scope on a 6.5x47 in the future.

Im looking for suggestions for mounting systems.

Ive seen the 34mm optilocks but they wouldnt be much good as I want to hopefully switch the scope between two guns.

Im thinking a picatinny rail may be a good option.

Has anyone one got and suggestions or experience with this sort of thing.

Ive heard near MFG make great rails but the require a gunsmith to fit them

What about the third eye tactical two piece rail?

Thanks in advance john

Hi lads,

Ive been looking at buying a PM11 to put on a sako 75 and hope to use the same scope on a 6.5x47 in the future.

Im looking for suggestions for mounting systems.

Ive seen the 34mm optilocks but they wouldnt be much good as I want to hopefully switch the scope between two guns.

Im thinking a picatinny rail may be a good option.

Has anyone one got and suggestions or experience with this sort of thing.

Ive heard near MFG make great rails but the require a gunsmith to fit them

What about the third eye tactical two piece rail?

Thanks in advance john

What action size is the Sako that you want to put the rail on?

Like you I have heard nothing but praise for the Near MFG rails but I don't know if you need a smith to fit them or not and their website is hopeless, they are willing to supply the UK though unlike many US companies.

[supplier name deleted - causes controversy whenever named on UK forums] (forum software doesn't like the name but **** should do it) also make rails for most action sizes, no idea what they are like but personally I don't like the look of them, too many bits to potentially move around IMO

I have a set of the Third Eye bases, they fit OK and will work but depending on your action size will not necessarily match up if you are using a one piece mount due to the slots not being the right distance apart, I would personally much prefer a complete rail but my rifle is an action 1 and the options are Roe-dale or Roe-dale.

its for a .223 size action

Also wouldnt be pushed buying of Roe---dale heard a lot of dodgy stories about them

The Near MFG rail for a 223 action 1 definately needs fitting by a smith, just dug out an old email from them which confirmed it.

I have had to resort to getting one made as I didn't manage to find one anywhere else, wish somebody would start making Sako rails, I did try to persuade Craig at 3rd Eye but he didn't seem keen.

I have a Sako 75 in .223 and use Third Eye Tactical two piece rail, dont have a problem with distance on the tube as using a IOR scope and has plenty of length.

Archived