55 grain velocities .224 bullets

shooter79

Standard tikka t3 1 in 12 twist.

55grn v-max, 26grn h4895, col 2.255, 3200fps.

50grn v-max, 26.5grn h4895, col 2.255, 3340fps.

Never tried any other powder as h4895 is readily available to me and both group under 1/2" which is all I need for foxing. Rem primers used and lapua brass but had just as good results with winchester brass. Hope this is of some help. Simon

Carl, have you tried 53gr V-Max, I use this b/head for my reloads as it has a very good BC and it will up your vel a little, I use 25gr H335, remy primers, no pressure signs, but as normal work up to this load.I have a 1-12 twist rate.

Cheers, Tony.

Carl, have you tried 53gr V-Max, I use this b/head for my reloads as it has a very good BC and it will up your vel a little, I use 25gr H335, remy primers, no pressure signs, but as normal work up to this load.I have a 1-12 twist rate.

Cheers, Tony.

Tony,

I brought some last year, going to crack them open this week and load them up with Varget. Think i'll run Quickload first to get some stats. The boat tail must keep them on track dispute the smaller weight? have you run them past the Chrony?

Tony,

I brought some last year, going to crack them open this week and load them up with Varget. Think i'll run Quickload first to get some stats. The boat tail must keep them on track dispute the smaller weight? have you run them past the Chrony?

i am shooting 55gr nosler vit133 24.6grs 22" barrel 1:8 twist fps is 3263 and deadly accurate fastest fps ive had is vit 133@ 25.4 grs 3350 flat primers but still accurate....

i am shooting 55gr nosler vit133 24.6grs 22" barrel 1:8 twist fps is 3263 and deadly accurate fastest fps ive had is vit 133@ 25.4 grs 3350 flat primers but still accurate....

When you see the flat primers do you push it any more as a rule?

When you see the flat primers do you push it any more as a rule?

that was pushing it, the primer just started to flatten fist at 24.9, i use rem 7.1/2 primers

dont look for speed, 100-150 fps will not make that much difference out to 300yards......

Tony,

Yes I have run them through the chrony - 3110fps using 25grs of H335 0.013"thou off the lands, not the fastest but excellent accuracy. I also did some testing with varget 26grs, and got quite good accuracy but not as good as H335 ,the vel was 3007fps.

Hope this helps.

Tony.

Carl have you got a Chrony? if not i have one you can use. My mate has it at the moment currently doing load development with his new Sako TRG 42 in .338 Lap. If you want it the offers there mate :) .

Jim

Evening, I use a Remmy 700 with a 1:9 twist. The rifle is used for short to medium range work (out to 500m). For vermin I have used 50 and 55g Vmax with great success, however due to problems getting Vmax I now use 52g Amax for vermin with equal results.

55g Vmax over 27g of Rel 15 has given fantastic results in the past (velocity 3195.5fps average of 20 shots).

55g Vmax over 27.5g of Varget gives similar results. (For some reason velocity has not been recorded in my notes, I will get onto the other machine and see if they are there).

Carl have you got a Chrony? if not i have one you can use. My mate has it at the moment currently doing load development with his new Sako TRG 42 in .338 Lap. If you want it the offers there mate :) .

Jim

Brought one a month ago jim, got the f1, basic but gives me what I need. Thanks for the offer though mate. They are cracking bits of kit for any reloader.

You been out much recently ?

No Carl , Still waiting for the FAC to come back (Renewal & Variation) as all my bang sticks are in the gun shop , Heaven forbid i should go out with gun and have no licence for them, It's not like i have not had one for the past 16 yrs :rolleyes: . Hope to get them back in a week or two ???. Don't know if you knew this but there are 46,000 certificate holders in Devon/ Cornwall area so there might be a bit of a wait :blink:. Had a very nice FEO lady though :) .

Jim

There is a great article ate in this months BASC magazine regarding firearms licenses? It lays out why there are delays and how the law makes up their own rules some times to suit themselves!

It's worth a read if you can get your hands on a copy? Hope you get them all back soon mate.

There is a great article ate in this months BASC magazine regarding firearms licenses? It lays out why there are delays and how the law makes up their own rules some times to suit themselves!

It's worth a read if you can get your hands on a copy? Hope you get them all back soon mate.

My Mrs phoned me this morning and said the new basc mag had arrived so be reading that tonight , cheers for the heads up mate

Jim

Archived