Sterling Sniper Rifle

Hey chaps. Hope you all got what you wanted in your santa stockings....

Does anyone know anything about the Sterling sniper rifle in 7.62 nato cal?

I've seen one advertised in Guntrader.. As usual, the guns that really interest one dont have pics..

Is it based on the modified Mauser action like parker hale?

Appreciate any input...

;)

Sterling Sniper

Notes: This is a fine British weapon, well made and accurate as well as lightweight. (Most snipers are surprised at how light it is.) It is a simple weapon, but has a sight rib, telescopic sights, as well as night sights, a bipod, and cheek pad. It is a weapon that has never seen any large-scale official sales, yet is used by a lot of police and paramilitary units around the world. It was one of the first rifles to be fitted with the MIL-STD-1913 optics mounting system.

http://www.pmulcahy.com/sniper_rifles/brit...iper_rifles.htm

Also gives you something to compare it to.

Hi Pete. Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned i'd Googled it and i came up with the same link you had.

It still doesn't tell me anything.. Like, what action is it based on or is it unique? What type of barrel, hammer forged, button rifled or cut, twist rate, stock type etc..

Thanks all the same though mate... ;)

No need to reply on this one anymore chaps.. I've bought a s/h sako 75 varminter instead. I missed out on a Tikka so i thought i'd better jump on this one quickly. The good thing is that i can use the mags from my .243 sako, saved me a few quid... :D

Grant..

Archived