which scope

i have a swarovski z6i 5 x 30 with ballistic turrets and hands down its the best scope i have ever owned. my eyes often blurr out the cross hairs when target shooting and the illuminated target dot solves this for me.its a fantastic scope.

however in the back of my mind i do fancy a nightforce and read somewhere they also do a target dot iluminator.

its to go on a 223 firing 75 grn a max from 100 to 600 and beyond (one day)

if you had the choice which would you have? pros and cons.any opinions good or bad welcome.

thanks mike

IMHO after using that Swaro you aren't going to like the glass in the Nightforce. If you want dialable turrets and good glass look at Scmidt/Bender and Kahles.

If you want a neat scope that's 2/3 the weight and length of either have a look at the March 2.5-25x42. I just got one and the glass is on a par with the Swarovski.

The MTR2 reticle is sublime and it's available illuminated.

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

Mike

mmm thanks for that, certainly worth a look.i think you could be right about the glass,im not normally a fussy man about glass and a lot of people seem to put up with it becaus the rest of the nightforce is so good.i think i need to chat someone up and use one in the feild one evening.

thanks mike

Archived