Stock choice

I'm considering swapping my AI for an A5 with adjustable saddle cheek piece.

Any opinions or considerations I should be making?

I do find the AI OK but it's not as comfortable as my standard Tikka sporter stock.

Thanks

Si

I'm considering swapping my AI for an A5 with adjustable saddle cheek piece.

Any opinions or considerations I should be making?

I do find the AI OK but it's not as comfortable as my standard Tikka sporter stock.

Thanks

Si

Which bit of the AI isn't as comfortable??

I could never get on with the small thumbhole pitol grip arrangement and found that I couldn't get a comfy trigger finger position. If that's the case a cheaper option may be get some Viper Skins with the better pistol grip..

just my 2p worth

Alan

It's not uncomfortable as such but I don't think it's ergonomically designed. Seems like a stock that is as generic as possible. I can imagine that it will fit everyone OK but very few ideally. The palm swell is too slim and trigger reach to short for me. Means having a high degree of trigger finger bend when releasing the trigger.

It's not uncomfortable as such but I don't think it's ergonomically designed. Seems like a stock that is as generic as possible. I can imagine that it will fit everyone OK but very few ideally. The palm swell is too slim and trigger reach to short for me. Means having a high degree of trigger finger bend when releasing the trigger.

i had an ai and found it to heavy and clumbersome for my shooting needs i can totally get why you want to swap and doubt you will regret it.

McMillan A5 all the way !

Whilst the AI stock is good , ergonomically the A5 beats it hands down but I would personally go for the built in adj cheek piece as the saddle type seems a bit gash to me?

I can't believe that anyone unless they have the mit's of a five year old boy could find that a ai stock fits there hand!

A5 all the way for sure

You won't regret one bit!

Cheers Andy

Archived