Night Vision

riflemanread

Dave

I don't use it that often

I only really use it when I`m on my lonesome or if theres a spooky one to be had.It can be very boring for the rest of the team without anyone else having a clue whats going on :angry:

WSM

Dave

I don't use it that often

I only really use it when I`m on my lonesome or if theres a spooky one to be had.It can be very boring for the rest of the team without anyone else having a clue whats going on :angry:

WSM

Some would say I normally don't have a clue what's going on anyway :blink:

Likewise, they tend to be very effective at controlling difficult foxes. As you say boring for the rest of the team. Although my mate Pete now sadly gone used to spot the foxes on the bait with NV bino's and wake me up to take the shot :angry:

Cheers

Dave

Guest 308Panther
$2.00 US = £1.00 sterling approximately.

B-b

Thanx...Then I hasnt changed much since I was the M/C Dealer...

Used to deal in Triumphs,BSA,Nortons,Ducati,Moto Guzzi,Benelli,Cagivas..

308Panther

Guest 308Panther

Win- Like the wood inlay on the side of the reciever,its a nice touch.

Almost too pretty of a rifle to use...

308Panther

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

May be a little late now, but if anyone in cornwall is thinking about going down the Archer route give me a shout before you buy as i recently bought a grade c for my rabbit work, anyone want to have a look see welcome, or possibly take a look on Hunting life forum, just type in Archer in the search box.

Regards MT.

May be a little late now, but if anyone in cornwall is thinking about going down the Archer route give me a shout before you buy as i recently bought a grade c for my rabbit work, anyone want to have a look see welcome, or possibly take a look on Hunting life forum, just type in Archer in the search box.

Regards MT.

my mate is a lot better than archer as best you can buy usa tube not russian uk tube the yanks make best in world

Firstly. Hi everyone, new bloke.

My take on NV;

I`ve got an ATN 330 gen 1 on my rem 597. I use a yukon nvmt2 for spotting with the rifle shouldered. I have aditional illumination in the form of a Yukon ir torch.

I`ve had the gear for a couple of years, and while by no means perfect, or up to the job of shooting beyond about 50yds it is effective within its limitations.

With gen 1 you need additional illumination as the on board stuff is crap. It works in a very short focal length so constant twiddling is required with both adjustments.

When shooting a go out in low pressure systems, cloudy/overcast, much like lamping. I shoulder my rifle and spot with the monocular. When i see a target i stalk within range and take the shot. I always use a tripod for acuracy,. Its only 2.5 mag, which is worse at night. Occaisionally i lay up and shoot from a static position, but find i shoot more by keeping on the move.

When done right its possible to walk right up to feeding rabbits without alarming them. I`ve shot big bags of 50+ just by walking around. I`ve called in foxes to 20yds and taken them.

Its not a magic device, particularly gen 1, and takes some time to get a handle on it to exploit its strengths. In fact i was disappointed at first and nearly sold it. Perseverence paid off and i have been looking forward to the nights closing in just to get more time with it.

Recently i`ve been experimenting with weaver mounts, and swapping day scope to nv. So far i`ve found it successful with no discernable loss of zero at rimfire ranges.

I still lamp sometimes, if out with a mate because i find nv more suited to solo shooting.

Cheers Andy

Archived