Reamers From U.S.

mmppcpete

Hi Guys,

This is the reply I received from Manson Reamers after making an enquiry about some reamers. Whats next?

Dear Peter, thank you for theinquiry.

Unfortunately, at the present timewe’re not able to ship to overseas addresses because of questionsinvolving regulations dealing with sending “munitions-relateditems” out of the United States.

We hope to have this issue resolvedsoon, but aren’t able to predict when this will happen.

We’ve saved your inquiry andwill contact you when we’re, once again, able to do business with ourfriends overseas.

Sincerely, Dara Stringer OfficeManager

I believe that it will just get harder or become next to impossible to get shooting related equipment out of the States because of ITAR regulations.

So grab whatever you can before the door closes for good due to paranoid US politicians.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just received a shipment including chamber reamers for military calibres. No problems at all. I suspect smaller companies do not want the hassle of applying for export licences where applicable or wading through the ITAR regulations,

Alan

I ordered reamers from Clymer{after trying Manson} and they never mentioned any problems,that was two weeks ago and I have just had an email telling me my order has been shipped.So now I have to wait untill Customs feel like checking it through,but hey that's just another hoop to jump through

I ordered reamers from Clymer{after trying Manson} and they never mentioned any problems,that was two weeks ago and I have just had an email telling me my order has been shipped.So now I have to wait untill Customs feel like checking it through,but hey that's just another hoop to jump through

Hi

Any particular reason you went for Clymer/Manson ahead of Pacific? Just curious as i am about to order a 25-06 Reamer.

Nick.

Hi

Any particular reason you went for Clymer/Manson ahead of Pacific? Just curious as i am about to order a 25-06 Reamer.

Nick.

The last time I ordered a reamer from P.T.G I had to wait for four months before I got it, may have been because it was a spiral cut with a tight neck and they were trying to fit it in. However I never got any decent feedback as to why it took so long, so I went back to Clymer after Manson knocked me back.I was going to try Midway as this time I just needed a standard 223 reamer,they seem costly at first glance but at the end of the day I don't think there would be much difference

Sam, the Reamer is the funny looking bit of rusty chisel that hacks out the big hole in the gas pipe so you can stick a cartridge into it...... Clear enuff?! :rolleyes:

If ITAR is up'n coming, some may well be setting up paperwork to off set it so they can keep exporting, rather then ploughing on in the hope they don't get slapped with a bad. I have every confidence in Dave and his crew getting this sorted, so we can have some of the (if not "The") best reamers back at this side of the pond.

In answer to why some reamers take so long to deliver, let me give you an example....

Three blokes having a chat when a big chap shows up and excuses himself for the interuption, but he needs to speak on a matter of urgency with one of the three. Two minutes latter a "5 figure sum, two month machine time, effective immediately" deal has been struck for the supply of reamers....... With that kind of buying power, are you still wondering why a little wait is needed for 1 reamer?!

Damn, don't we all wish B)

Archived