fox hunting conviction

22-250jock

was listening to the local radio today and was suprised to hear of the conviction of three men for illeagal fox hunting in sussex,

sound like hunts are going to have to be a little more careful,especialy in view of all the footage that the sabs seem to have collected.

never been a great follower of the local hunt, but suppose we all need to stick together for the greater good.

just wondered how other shooting members get on with their local hunts?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9705927.Guilty__three_convicted_of_illegal_fox_hunting/

cheers jock

I hunt and shoot in different countries, on the same island.

I go out with a footpack, no pinks in sight, just hard working farmers excersing their dogs and doing a bit of pest control. They know I shoot rifles too and have no problem with me doing it.

5 convictions in 7 years and this is the first for "fox hunting"

Hi Jock,

On the farm where I have my workshop the farmer's wife and young son ride to hounds, his uncle is on the hunt commitee. The hound van and various horse boxes are often parked in the yard. Much of the land I shoot over is also part of the hunt's 'territory', they know that I probably account for more foxes than they do but we are on perfectly good terms.

Years ago when I was younger and fitter I was a member of the local beagle pack, then as now I was accepted as a fellow field sportsman. The only shooters who might be effected by the hunt would be driven game shooters with release pens, coverts etc.

Alan

I worked as the Whipper-in for a fell pack for 8 years as an amateur. Best years of my life.

What makes my heart glad , is that hunting continues, and the Anti,s are apoplectic with rage about it ! :lol:

You cannot wipe out a whole section of the community, or their centuries old practises with a stroke of the Labour pen , and they have realised this now.

Hark Forrard ! :D

Archived