Frangible Ammo / Bullets

Just wondering if anyone's any experience of UK-available frangible 22LR ammo or 308 bullets?

Quite like the idea for plinking.

(A subsonic frangible 308 load would be fun!)

Anyone?

Just wondering if anyone's any experience of UK-available frangible 22LR ammo or 308 bullets?

Quite like the idea for plinking.

(A subsonic frangible 308 load would be fun!)

Anyone?

years ago i used some 357 glaser safety slugs out of my revolver (shot ok) and i'm pretty sure they do rifle ammo to but if and who imports it now is anybodys guess ? i can supply you with a couple of bullet manufactures that make subsonic stuff that will expand at reduced velocitys (1uk based 1 usa) if that helps?

years ago i used some 357 glaser safety slugs out of my revolver (shot ok) and i'm pretty sure they do rifle ammo to but if and who imports it now is anybodys guess ? i can supply you with a couple of bullet manufactures that make subsonic stuff that will expand at reduced velocitys (1uk based 1 usa) if that helps?

Be interested in hearing about the UK supplier - although I'm more after frangible (ie 'go nowhere') than expanding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mXu8Xdm3s70#!

CCI do a segmenting 22lr subsonic round which I have found is much less susceptable to ricochet in my experience (in fact I don't think I have had one as compared usual zingers you get regularly with normal ammo)and are fairly accurate. though i don't know if you would stricktly call them frangible.

Archived