.223 by Brock & Norris

Finished the build and the testing of this, in the last week for a client:-

079.jpg?t=1336419312

082.jpg?t=1336419348

The spec is as follows:-

Barrel - 24 inch .223 Begarra fluted with a 1-8 twist.

Action - Rem 700 short action.

Stock - ACIS

Scope - Nikon NDX 4-16x50

Moderator - Ase Utra North Star & Muzzle brake made by Mike.

Ammo - 69gr SMK, 24.5gr Vit N135 with a Rem 7 1/2 primer.

All testing was done by me at 100m by me off the bipod.

Following five shot group:-

085.jpg?t=1336419396

Kind Regards

Rob

Well that does look nice :wub: looks like it shoots ok to :)

have found the begara barrels o.k. They machine well enough and are a viable less expensive tube for the shooter on a budget. However the bores are not lapped after rifling and still exhibit cross hatching type marks throughout them from when the bores are cylindricaly honed after drilling.This means that they will show a little more copper deposition than say a hand lapped Border/ Walther/True flite/ kreiger etc.

As for longevity ,we have not had that many through the workshop to give a defffinitive answer. However we are able to meet our sub 0.5 inch guarentee and the clients are very happy . :) I suppose if I were hyper critical I would argue that the fluting is a little crudely finished and could be a little more tidily finished , but thatys a personal gripe on my part.

If I were given the choice I prefer to support Border Barrels as a British supplier with either Archer or Border tubes. We have been working very closely with Lee over the past months and we have never had a substandard barrel from them. Plus the fact We like to support our British suppliers :D

Archived