S&B PMII 5-25x56 Reticles

Ballistol

Lads,

I'm starting to get a bit twitchy over the ever shrinking availability of these scopes and feel the need to bag one. :rolleyes:

I've seen a number of threads detailing 1FPv2FP and also that P4L(fine) being the preferred reticle.

What do you like and why?

Depends what you want to use the scope for. Most important is to match reticle to Elevation/windage adjustment.i.e. Mil/mil or moa/moa. FFP gives you the ability to instantly know your hold off at any magnification as the reticle stays 'true' at all magnification. The downside is the reticle appears to shrink as magnification is reduced. SFP reticles remain the same size but do not stay 'true' at all magnification and can only be used to range usually on a couple of magnifications.

Agree with MJR.

I don't have a 5-25, but 3-12 and 4-16, both FFP. I like the fact that i can use the reticle for holdover at any given magnification. It means less complexity and I select the magnification/field of view that works best in a given situation.

In my FFP models I prefer the standard thickness for magnification below ca 10x. Above that I would prefer the fine reticle. For varminting or target shooting I would personally find the standard reticle too thick at high mag. I don't have any experience with SFP.

I'd recommend having a look at this comparison: http://www.finnaccuracy.com/sb_pm2_52556.html

And, have a look through a somebody's scope next time you're on the range.

Good luck,

Christian

Donot over think IT , as has been said , I strongly advise , matching reticle & adjustments , ie mil/mil or moa/moa , then YOU have to chose wether you like FFP or SFP , in PMIIs , in FFP I like the P4F in 4-16x50 & 5-25x56mm PMIIs , I know some even run this fine reticle in the 3-12x50 as well .

I am happy with the P4F in the 16x & 25x top end PMIIs .

Later Chris

I ended up buying mine in sfp, with the standard p4 mil and 1/4 moa adjustments, wanted a second focal scope as so it worked better with my Pvs 14. The day it turned up i looked on s&bs website and they had recently added a p4 moa ret, but i think it was only avalable in fine and ffp if i remember right. Makes no difference to me anyway as i dial anyway, so wasn't worth the worry. FFP does seem quite good though.

Atb Matt

Archived