2nd hand NF or New Sightron ??

mattrem700

Hello !

Looking to upgrade my glass in the near future , I have located a 2nd hand Nightforce NXS 5.5 x22x56 , i dont know much about them to be fair , only had S&B's in the past!

Is there anything i need to be aware of when looking at this scope ???

Or other option is a new Sightron or IOR

Cheers for any advice !

Matt

Hi Matt

I have 2 nightforces 1 on my 6br a NXS 8-32x56 np2dd, and 1 on my 223 ackley a NXS 5.5-25x56 np2dd and i love them both. I think for the money you get a good piece of kit, i know plenty of people who use them and shoot very well with them at some good ranges :rolleyes:

Hello !

Looking to upgrade my glass in the near future , I have located a 2nd hand Nightforce NXS 5.5 x22x56 , i dont know much about them to be fair , only had S&B's in the past!

Is there anything i need to be aware of when looking at this scope ???

Or other option is a new Sightron or IOR

Cheers for any advice !

Matt

Does it have the right reticle for your requirements , would be my first question.?

Hi Matt

I have 2 nightforces 1 on my 6br a NXS 8-32x56 np2dd, and 1 on my 223 ackley a NXS 5.5-25x56 np2dd and i love them both. I think for the money you get a good piece of kit, i know plenty of people who use them and shoot very well with them at some good ranges :rolleyes:

q

Both top bits of kit but I have to ask which one do you prefer .? Need to buy one for my 243 but can't decide which one ?

Does it have the right reticle for your requirements , would be my first question.?

Hello ,

It has the NP 2DD Reticle , which im thinking would be a good choice ! I had a mildot on before and to be honest i never used the mildot . Im after a relatively uncluttered reticle .

Do people rate the NP 2DD ??

Hello ,

It has the NP 2DD Reticle , which im thinking would be a good choice ! I had a mildot on before and to be honest i never used the mildot . Im after a relatively uncluttered reticle .

That's the one then if you are after an uncluttered reticle, !

q

Both top bits of kit but I have to ask which one do you prefer .? Need to buy one for my 243 but can't decide which one ?

I would say the 8-32x56 np2dd takes some beating i know a few chaps that have them on all there rifle and they have a few, i did hear theres a waiting list for them at the minute mate sold one the other day second hand £1000 gone in few hours.

Hello ,

What you using the rifle for that your sitting the scope on??

I would say the 8-32x56 np2dd takes some beating i know a few chaps that have them on all there rifle and they have a few, i did hear theres a waiting list for them at the minute mate sold one the other day second hand £1000 gone in few hours.

Thanks for the reply, and I agree the only thing that worries me with the 8-32 is the FOV, I used to have an 8-32 bench rest model and I found the FOV dreadfull for fox shooting, so Iam a bit cautious in investing in a 8-32 NSX model and Iam leaning towards the 5.5 ?... Need to try one I guess !

What you using the rifle for that your sitting the scope on??

Hi ,

The rifle is a semi custom 6.5 x 47 lap

Im hoping to use it for a bit of everything , long range varminting , fox shooting at night , few target's and for deer . Ive never had anything that mag'd up too x22 , im guessing it will do the long range stuff ok ??

Matt

Thanks for the reply, and I agree the only thing that worries me with the 8-32 is the FOV, I used to have an 8-32 bench rest model and I found the FOV dreadfull for fox shooting, so Iam a bit cautious in investing in a 8-32 NSX model and Iam leaning towards the 5.5 ?... Need to try one I guess !

I shoot alot of foxes around 200 a year already over 100 this year now, i do use the 223ack with 5.5 on top at night now days more tend to use the 6br with 8-32 on when im sitting out both work real well with good results :D

Hi ,

The rifle is a semi custom 6.5 x 47 lap

Im hoping to use it for a bit of everything , long range varminting , fox shooting at night , few target's and for deer . Ive never had anything that mag'd up too x22 , im guessing it will do the long range stuff ok ??

Matt

Ive had my x22 out to 650 yards and it was fine

I shoot alot of foxes around 200 a year already over 100 this year now, i do use the 223ack with 5.5 on top at night now days more tend to use the 6br with 8-32 on when im sitting out both work real well with good results :D

Thanks for the reply.

Archived