ior scopes ?

smokin

can anyone point me in the direction of a uk supplier as I'm fancying a 4-28x56 model , I know border no longer are the agents but was wondering if anyone else has taken up the reins ?

cheers guys

Jesus scotch thought I was the only one sad enough to be still up at this time ! thanks for that one mate , sweet dreams

Border will and can still supply you an IOR. The only real change is the fact they don't keep them as a stock item. A deposit is required on order.

this is great news,i have been wanting a second for some time, but the hassle involved and extra expense put me off

can anyone point me in the direction of a uk supplier as I'm fancying a 4-28x56 model , I know border no longer are the agents but was wondering if anyone else has taken up the reins ?

cheers guys

the 4-28x56, we have 5 of them here but the way they have been designed means that the image under certain magnification becomes cropped by the top and bottom sides of the scope body. a picture speaks a thousand words so email me if you want to see them.

The optics are still fantastic, but I have had several people return these scopes due to the image cropping issue. Speaking to IOR about this, they said that the scope was an American design and this was noticed on the prototypes but was not an issue to them so they pressed on and released the model. I personally find it distracting.

With the money we lost on refunded shipping costs, I decided not to sell these scopes unless the customer was fully aware of the image issue and came down to see the scope before buying it in person.

Also the scope has a 40mm tube which is very large and chunky for an average varmint rifle. IOR recommend this scope was for 338cal and 50cal and 408 Cheytac etc...

Lee

the 4-28x56, we have 5 of them here but the way they have been designed means that the image under certain magnification becomes cropped by the top and bottom sides of the scope body. a picture speaks a thousand words so email me if you want to see them.

The optics are still fantastic, but I have had several people return these scopes due to the image cropping issue. Speaking to IOR about this, they said that the scope was an American design and this was noticed on the prototypes but was not an issue to them so they pressed on and released the model. I personally find it distracting.

With the money we lost on refunded shipping costs, I decided not to sell these scopes unless the customer was fully aware of the image issue and came down to see the scope before buying it in person.

Also the scope has a 40mm tube which is very large and chunky for an average varmint rifle. IOR recommend this scope was for 338cal and 50cal and 408 Cheytac etc...

Lee

cheers for the heads up Lee I wasn't aware of the issue I'll mail you for a pic if you don't mind if you can't post one on here , do you have anything else left ,a 4-18x 50 perhaps it's going on a 6-284 for longer range stuff 500 and beyond ,many thanks

Archived