105g vmax

Tuck

Any one out there have some good loads fir the above from a 243??? I'm struggerling a bit to achieve less than 1'' @ 100y 1-8 twist so should be ok can anyone help

Sorry mark misread you quesion have been trying around the 40g range and playing with oal 20 thou 10 thou just not having much joy. Someone must have pet load i could try and work up to

Sorry mark misread you quesion have been trying around the 40g range and playing with oal 20 thou 10 thou just not having much joy. Someone must have pet load i could try and work up to

Your main problem is likely to be the heads themselves,,,I,ve spent years with these heads and I,m afraid to get tiny groups you just have to make sure each head is from the same die at manufacture.Ive seen three different size heads in the same box many times now and it pays to sort them out and batch em up.They can easily be as much as 10 thou difference in bearing surface and if you are working with loads that are close to lands it is easy to be in or out!!!and the flyers will paint a picture on your target.Once sorted they will print tiny groups for you as long as you have been anal on case prep etc and finding a good load.Ive no experience of the 243 so cant give a pet load but am sure there are a few good starters to be found on this site somewhere.Oh! another thing stick with the same powder in testing if you change powder and out on a test day you will have to clean in between as different powders seem to condition the bore for quite a number of shots before settling down.Not easy is it!!!!good luck,,Onehole

Your main problem is likely to be the heads themselves,,,I,ve spent years with these heads and I,m afraid to get tiny groups you just have to make sure each head is from the same die at manufacture.Ive seen three different size heads in the same box many times now and it pays to sort them out and batch em up.They can easily be as much as 10 thou difference in bearing surface and if you are working with loads that are close to lands it is easy to be in or out!!!and the flyers will paint a picture on your target.Once sorted they will print tiny groups for you as long as you have been anal on case prep etc and finding a good load.Ive no experience of the 243 so cant give a pet load but am sure there are a few good starters to be found on this site somewhere.Oh! another thing stick with the same powder in testing if you change powder and out on a test day you will have to clean in between as different powders seem to condition the bore for quite a number of shots before settling down.Not easy is it!!!!good luck,,Onehole

Thanks for the info this could explain why I get a flyer when testing my loads I'll get two with a ragged hole and then get a flyer will try and sort them into lots like you say thankyou for your reply rob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest richness

I have loads of load data fro 243/RL19/105amax if you're interesetd mate

In short- they liked a hell of a jump.

Got them crazy accurate in the end (better than all the bergers i tried at 350y) but it was a fairly fussy load. Got me a 751y rabbit though mind :)

Archived