"58g ballistic tips!!"

foxing2night

Hi gents,

Monday night was -1 With no wind, And the stars were amazing!!!

The first farm that we shot on, Always comes up trumps??? And it did not fail this time!!

First fox was about 50 yards to our right as we put the lamp on the first field!!! But he was not having any of it,as he ran away like a bloody greyhound, Then as we walked down the field the little bugger must of come back around to the same part of the field that we spotted him in in the first place??

Now at about 150yards he was quite happy to sit and look at us!!! Bipod down, on the ground, looked through the scope and all i could see was a pair of eyes and ear,s through the grass :( , I know from past experiences that these are not the best of shots to take??? Thick grass and frost = One missed fox :(:( And any one that knows me will know that i do not like missing a fox!!!!

The next farm was one of our best and we knew that there was a chance of a couple of foxes off it??

By this time the gates and hedges were sparkling with a heavy frost, like little diamonds, It,s nights like this that make you feel good to be alive ;)

Just to give you a feel for the lay of the land,, When you walk on to the land the first field is only small, then you find youself on the top of a big bowl of about 200 acre with a Big pond in the bottom,,

What a place to use a rifle???

Anyway, standing at the top lamping all around, and useing a crit-r call that we have been using for a few years now,

First fox of the night was on the other side of the bowl to our left,, At 200 plus

10-12-07_2239.jpg

The lads were having a laugh, As i had lay down in a big pile of cow muck :P It was soft and warm And i nailed that bugger right through the shoulders ;)

On one of the flat fields at another part of the farm, Fox number two was looking at us through a fence at about 50 yards,, I leened on my mates shoulders and all that i could see was two posts and a fox at the back of them,, With his head and chest just showing??? One 58 on its way and thump

No two

10-12-07_2234.jpg

The night is looking good :lol: And the firs fox on the first farm has all been forgoten about by now!!!!

A short walk back to the bowl,, One fox was spotted going to the pond, But he was gone out of sight at the blink of an eye,,Once they get by the pond it is that dense they just disapear out of sight??

But as look hapens one fox was not far away And he bolted acrose the front of us At about 60 yards ??

Fox number three

10-12-07_2202.jpg

Sorry for the dark pic!!!

And we even made it to the chinese for a good feed

Good food, good mates, Good times thats all you need???

And some foxes thrown in !!!!!

All the best F2n ;)

Hi Darrel good to speak to you again my mate!!!! :lol::P

Looks like you had a good time there buddy and as for running them 58 v-maxs in the 6PPC - well they are just dynamite!!! ;)

All the best my mate.....................

RAY.......................................................... ;) ;)

Guest 308Panther

Them clear,windless nights are the best.

Last time I had Angel up by the folks I told her to ..."Look Up"

She was like a kid in a candy store checkin out this star and that

constellation...Askin a million and one questions.

Sounds like ya had a great night.

Chinese and Foxing....Thats a new one on me.

308Panther

Hi Darrel good to speak to you again my mate!!!! :lol::P

Looks like you had a good time there buddy and as for running them 58 v-maxs in the 6PPC - well they are just dynamite!!! ;)

All the best my mate.....................

RAY.......................................................... :(;)

Hi ray, Allways good to have a natter my mate ;)

Take care and all the best darrel

Them clear,windless nights are the best.

Last time I had Angel up by the folks I told her to ..."Look Up"

She was like a kid in a candy store checkin out this star and that

constellation...Askin a million and one questions.

Sounds like ya had a great night.

Chinese and Foxing....Thats a new one on me.

308Panther

Hi panther,

Always good to see the stars when they are at there best :lol:

Surposed to be having a meotor storm tonight ??? and we are out foxing so that should be good??

All the best darrel

P.S the chinese was gorgeous!!!! just the thing on a cold night :lol:

well i dont mean this in a bad way but its nice to know good shots miss,i hate missing any thing i shoot at but its reasuring i am not alone,i think i will have forgot what to do by the time i get time off,hope you enjoyed the chinese

Hi foxshot,

Foxes are a bit thin on the ground around here at the moment!!!

But the weather is getting a bit harder, So hopefully things might pickup a bit??

Did have a funny one the other night, This one had been seen hanging around the farm yard of a friend of mine, So we whent to have a look and as sure as eggs brake, the little bugger was in the yard going around the tractors and stuff???

Did have a bit of a job getting into a safe possition!!! scard him off but in ten mins he was back!! and wellcomed home by a 17g hornady, right in the boiler room ;)

It looks like it is going to be hard to get to 100 this year????

All the best darrel ;)

Archived