New Omega trickler - Automatic version

I though you all might be interested in this:-

The Omega trickler has quickly become an established item on the reloading bench and is now available as an automatic trickler - The video was released this morning and although there is no priced fixed yet they will be available soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=LLLJkjHAV66z7uOeqq-d5_uQ&feature=player_detailpage&v=wUPxA3JYrI8

I have to declare an interest in this as I have had some input into the design and developement of this product.

Thanks to the advice of members on here and a special mention to Spud, I will be taking up homeloading in the near future once finances permit.

I am currently reading the ABC's of homeloading and trawling Youtube in my spare time trying to absorb the knowledge.

Now please forgive me if this is a stupid question (I believe there's no such thing only a stupid answer) but people throw light and then trickle up to weight.

Why spend £100 plus on a thrower and then trickle up why not make your own measuring scoop and trickle up with a device like this?

Cheers

Thanks to the advice of members on here and a special mention to Spud, I will be taking up homeloading in the near future once finances permit.

I am currently reading the ABC's of homeloading and trawling Youtube in my spare time trying to absorb the knowledge.

Now please forgive me if this is a stupid question (I believe there's no such thing only a stupid answer) but people throw light and then trickle up to weight.

Why spend £100 plus on a thrower and then trickle up why not make your own measuring scoop and trickle up with a device like this?

Cheers

Theres no reason your approach woudnt work. I use on of Alans Targetmasters, throw 45.5 grns and tricklr the rest to 46grns with the Targetmaster. Works perfectly for me.

One of my close friens uses a scoop made from an old rifle case and triclkes manually.

Both approaches work fine, but mine, using a powder thrower is marginally quicker per round. That said though, if i didnt already have a powder measure I would make a scoop and trickle with my trusty Targetmaster.

Mike

Archived