CZ 455 pricing.

Andrew

Has anyone else (other than Baldie) figured out how the CZ 455 can sell for less than the 452?? Here in the US they are significantly cheaper. Marine PMI and I think we found out why when we took a close look at the S.H.O.T. Show in Las Vegas this year. It was our first close encounter with a 455. Anybody else notice a change??~Andrew

No takers? Ok, I'll tell you what we found: They have omitted the second (left) locking lug on the bolt that was standard in the early Brno/CZ and later 452 and 453 designs. I'm guessing this simplified production and reduced costs substantially by ridding themselves of a couple of milling or broaching operations. With the problems V-Max related with regard to his Anschutz and the talk about the CZ's, I thought it might be of some interest to those who have the option to buy either a 452 or 455. I'm keeping with my 452's!~Andrew

No takers? Ok, I'll tell you what we found: They have omitted the second (left) locking lug on the bolt that was standard in the early Brno/CZ and later 452 and 453 designs. I'm guessing this simplified production and reduced costs substantially by ridding themselves of a couple of milling or broaching operations. With the problems V-Max related with regard to his Anschutz and the talk about the CZ's, I thought it might be of some interest to those who have the option to buy either a 452 or 455. I'm keeping with my 452's!~Andrew

Andrew,

Take a look at this very informative thread.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344852

Andrew,

Take a look at this very informative thread.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344852

Thanks, that was an interesting read. I have only handled the 455 so seeing it out of the wood was enlightening. The obvious change for me was the omission of that locking lug and the accompanying machining on the receiver. I know that is doesn't matter much to some, but after a long-time production of a proven design the change makes me wonder. I keep thinking of V-Max's Anny with the worn action from that bolt handle lug and my 1950's vintage Brnos that are still making me happy. Yeah...I'm sorry to see that lug go!~Andrew

Archived