CZ 452

Ballistol

I'm interested in wringing every last bit of accuracy from a CZ452 Super Match which I intend to use as a cheap training rifle.

I know you can fit a decent trigger upgrade, but what about re-crowning the barrel, free floating the barrel, or bedding the action?

Are there other modifications that can be made?

Do any of our gunsmiths work on these lovely little rifles?

I polished my trigger took a while but got it pulling at 1 1/2 pounds lovely. Shoots so well I love mine wish I used it more. Lol. I never bothered free floating if I did I would get a new stock. Bedding may be worth while but if it ain't broke don't fix it! Lol

I'm interested in wringing every last bit of accuracy from a CZ452 Super Match which I intend to use as a cheap training rifle.

I know you can fit a decent trigger upgrade, but what about re-crowning the barrel, free floating the barrel, or bedding the action?

Are there other modifications that can be made?

Do any of our gunsmiths work on these lovely little rifles?

Hi Ballistol,

Despite the accuracy claims of the manufacturer re. the 12 groove rifling, there is little or no difference between this and the standard rifle. Most people would be better off with the varmint weight barrel, preferably the 16" version due to better balance and steadiness. The standard trigger can be 'tuned' to around 1Kg. If you do not wish to use the open sights the barrel could be shortened to 16" and fitted with a barrel weight. There is little or no advantage to bedding or free-floating as most of these rifles will shoot sub moa at 100 yards,

Alan

Hi Ballistol,

Despite the accuracy claims of the manufacturer re. the 12 groove rifling, there is little or no difference between this and the standard rifle. Most people would be better off with the varmint weight barrel, preferably the 16" version due to better balance and steadiness. The standard trigger can be 'tuned' to around 1Kg. If you do not wish to use the open sights the barrel could be shortened to 16" and fitted with a barrel weight. There is little or no advantage to bedding or free-floating as most of these rifles will shoot sub moa at 100 yards,

Alan

Alan,

I sepcifically want the iron sights as a cheap way of practising for military rifle comps, so the varmint series is out.

Secretly, I'm trying to recapture the fun associated with my first Brno 2E and long range rabbits. I know there are better guns out there, but the sentimental value is important. :D

Having said that i'd happily pay to modify it if it improves performance. :rolleyes:

Archived