Vixen for the tac20

craigyboy

Got out foxing for a bit tonite I didnt think I would as it rained all day and the wind was strong but it calmed down after dinner so I got my kit together and headed to my dads farm. I havent shot a fox since september due to having a good summer on the foxes and clearing a fair few of them I wanted to leave some for spring etc. I got into the first field which over looks a big lake full of ducks and swans, perefct place to find foxy. I set up and started calling, this last few years I have started setting up and calling instead of moving too much (dont know if its good tactics or I am lazy), anyhow using a little squealer call I picked up a couple of years ago that I now use almost all the time I called on and off for a few minutes checking with the lamp every so often, after 10 minutes I spotted the tell tale orange glow about 400 yards away at the waters edge so I switched the lamp off and started squeaking, she was coming from the left and so was the wind so he had no chance of scenting me, she got to within 130 yards and was dipping in and out of sight between trees, finally I got her stopped in a clearing and sent a 32g v-max in her direction. She dropped on the spot and as usual the 32g v-max proved itself tyo be a very effcient bullet, could barely find and entry and there was no exit but she was a bag of mush inside. Cant ask for anymore than that, also this was the first fox for the tac20.

STP60988.jpg

STP60989.jpg

STP60990.jpg

Chris she's a long un alrite 26 inch barrel and another 7 inches of moderator.

apollo I dont understand why it was climbing that fence it coulda just went under it, silly brute. Paddy its a cut down version of a pes muzzle can, it was 10 inches long but its now 6 1/2 inches long, pretty effective and very light. If your looking one ring steve kershaw he does them.

Archived