IOR reticle marks

redding

I use an IOR 4-14x50 with 1/4 moa turrets and the MP8 reticle.

Does that mean that once I,ve ranged my target I can use the marks on the reticle to aim or do I still have to dial in?

Does anyone know what the marks measure, I know this sounds thick but I have searched IOR & read the "manual", I can not find an answer.

I use an IOR 4-14x50 with 1/4 moa turrets and the MP8 reticle.

Does that mean that once I,ve ranged my target I can use the marks on the reticle to aim or do I still have to dial in?

Does anyone know what the marks measure, I know this sounds thick but I have searched IOR & read the "manual", I can not find an answer.

Depends what mag you are on if it is first or second focal plane.

Easy way to check what the graduations are is set up a range at exactly 100m set up a grid with inch boxes and measure what they are or better still put the first mark on the centre of the target and see where the shots fall.

Dave

Hi redding,

for hold over it depends what your drop table is in MOA or MILS

I suspect your table is in MOA so that you can dail it in on the turrets which are 1/4MOA

the 4-14x50 you have will be SFP and so on power 10 the reticule line spacing/gap = 0.5 MIL

it is in the manual, I can send you a copy of the bit in question via email if you want?

the 6-24x50 is the same, 10 power it is 0.5 MIL.

I have checked out my scope with an MOA grid and Calibrator thing that I designed in Adobe Photoshop, it has true MOA grid spacing which is 1.047" I can send you that via email if you want to print them.

It must be set precisely at 100 yards from your scope and only used to see what your reticule spacing = in MOA on various magnifications.

I found on my scope the reticule spacing/gap is 1 MOA when set on power 20. your scope only goes to 14 so you can't get the 1 MOA space.

If you want to use the reticule for hold over in MOA and we know that the IOR MP8 reticule spacing is 0.5MIL on 10x and knowing that 0.5 MIL equals 1.72MOA, you may as well round it up and say your reticule gaps will be approx. 2MOA.. you can then use this for hold over instead of dailing in.

Hi Lee, I also have a 6-24x50 IOR, I would appreciate any (as in your post) info you can e-mail if thats ok.

Many Thanks, Tony

Tony, If you give your me your email via PM, I will send you the MOA charts to print off and check your reticule with, also a while ago I made an image which is a blown-up version of the MP8 dot reticule. I did it to indicate the MOA measurements to keep me on the ball.

you will see that the MP8 reticule can give 20 MOA of hold over, without touching the turrets!

I nearly always use the turrets for drop but in competition the best use of the mp8 on 20x is that I hold over for the windage corrections, it's been a huge improvment to my shooting @ 1000, 1100 and 1200 yards.

Hi redding,

for hold over it depends what your drop table is in MOA or MILS

I suspect your table is in MOA so that you can dail it in on the turrets which are 1/4MOA

the 4-14x50 you have will be SFP and so on power 10 the reticule line spacing/gap = 0.5 MIL

it is in the manual, I can send you a copy of the bit in question via email if you want?

the 6-24x50 is the same, 10 power it is 0.5 MIL.

I have checked out my scope with an MOA grid and Calibrator thing that I designed in Adobe Photoshop, it has true MOA grid spacing which is 1.047" I can send you that via email if you want to print them.

It must be set precisely at 100 yards from your scope and only used to see what your reticule spacing = in MOA on various magnifications.

I found on my scope the reticule spacing/gap is 1 MOA when set on power 20. your scope only goes to 14 so you can't get the 1 MOA space.

If you want to use the reticule for hold over in MOA and we know that the IOR MP8 reticule spacing is 0.5MIL on 10x and knowing that 0.5 MIL equals 1.72MOA, you may as well round it up and say your reticule gaps will be approx. 2MOA.. you can then use this for hold over instead of dailing in.

Thanks Lee, your last paragraph is just the info I was looking for. I have sent my email via PM for the charts, thats very generous of you.

Thanks again

Regards

Redding

• 2 months later...
Guest richness

Tony, If you give your me your email via PM, I will send you the MOA charts to print off and check your reticule with, also a while ago I made an image which is a blown-up version of the MP8 dot reticule. I did it to indicate the MOA measurements to keep me on the ball.

you will see that the MP8 reticule can give 20 MOA of hold over, without touching the turrets!

I nearly always use the turrets for drop but in competition the best use of the mp8 on 20x is that I hold over for the windage corrections, it's been a huge improvment to my shooting @ 1000, 1100 and 1200 yards.

Me too - brilliant ret. What a helpful post

Cheers, Richard

Archived