using the right bullet for the right job

Funky Bunch

well this one says it all really 160 gr barnes TSX recovered form the giraffes head I shot in Africa last November,I forgot I still had it so i cleaned it up weighed it and it is exactly 160gr 100% weight retention and serious stopping power,as you can see by the photo it has performed perfectly

Iam just loading some 140 gr TSX for my driven boar day in Scotland in January and will be using them again in May in Africa

so guys if you have a decent hunt planned and want something that works buy the Barnes TSX,yes they may cost that bit more but 1 shot kills means less tracking wounded animals which mean more time for shooting

Picture010.jpg

Once you find a good accurate load, play with the seating depth which will fine tune to your rifle.

I'm getting average of .5" at 100 with 130 TSX FB seated .040" off lands.

Similar with 22-250, but .050" off lands.

The Barnes are good, but I have to say I get the odd flier every 20 shots or so - don't know why (thats with both calibres so its not the rifle (or me)

Awaiting some other solids from germany to try.....

I have had the same issue as Ronin, with the 17rem and 25gr hps,good groups with the odd flier, weighed a load of them and the variation was close, the hollow point seemed the same, havent got round to measuring them. But I suspect it is an odd rogue one that does it, I am still looking at them.

Redfox

I noticed this "problem" when I first tried the TSX's - so I examined and weighed about thirty that I was using for load dev.

The only variances I found was in the presssure rings where they had been swaged, some had uneven knurling - everything else equal.

When I say throw out I mean an inch wide of the mark, which at normal stalking distances (for me :lol: ) = dead deer, so I continue to use them - that is, untill something better comes along.

It is indeed,,,,

and the LM105's will do very nicely "for my next project" :lol:

Archived