summat special

Ever seen a gun that really stood out, and made you wish you owned it?

I had the pleasure of seeing such a gun yesterday, at the last mcqueens of the season. Rob Hunter has been assembling this rifle over 12 months, and there is a link to his site , on vince,s site.

The gun in question, is a 30-06 springfield national match, around 70 years old, and in mint condition. Its fitted with an 8 power unertl scope, that has stunning optics, and a beautiful blued finish. Everything about this combo, is as it should be....a true and unique piece of sniping history from early vietnam...and bugger does it shoot.It put three quarters of the modern rifles and their owners to shame yesterday.Here,s the link to vince site.

http://www.precisionrifle.co.uk/

the link is under "new stuff"

Guest 308Panther

Oh, There has been a few.

Walther WA 2000 (only seen pics) Never one for sale...tho I hear they still are at around $80K

HK MP5 Volner trigger conversian.Unfired $10K(at the time)

FN FAL w/ period correct Ziess $8.5K

Colt's Walker .44cal Number 40 Co B Texas Rangers,still loaded too.

Multible zeroes before the decimal point.6 digit price tag

Cheytac M200 408 $15K

Now that have I not only spent my lifetime salary,but yours as well.

So there is no point continuing my list.

:lol:

308Panther

Baldie,

I have the redfield optics in mint condition for the period correct US army sniper rifle which dad used during his tour in 'nam, have found the original stock but will either make or have made a synthetic copy. His rifle was in 30.06 so when I get time to build it up will be a no brainer. Dad says the only problem is it's now illegal for him to dump dinks, so he's not sure its a rifle he'd prefer to have around the house. ha..

JR

Archived