Hi there fellas,

I have a Bushnell 4-16x40 4200 Elite, that shows some fogging. Does anyone know where I can have it serviced/resealed in the UK?

best wishes,

Finman

Hi there fellas,

I have a Bushnell 4-16x40 4200 Elite, that shows some fogging. Does anyone know where I can have it serviced/resealed in the UK?

best wishes,

Finman

Have a look here Finman.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=rifle%20scope%20repairs&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CEgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.opticalrepairs.com%2Fbinoculars_telescopes_repair_servicing.html&ei=Q5ouT-vjFuWu0QWMzsWtCA&usg=AFQjCNGwsT6Ekuv6lobH5yaWO-yNj0VBgA

ATB

Bobbo.

Cheers Bobbo,

is this a shop you've used before (or anyone else reading this thread)? they don't seem to be listing hunting telescopic sights in their list of optics...

best wishes,

Finman

The official UK importers are (or were, I don't know if its changed) JJ Vickers. However my experience on a faulty Elite scope was awful and they wouldn't honour the Bushnell lifetime warranty despite the fact the scope was only 3 months old. I ended up dealing direct with the US and they sent me a new scope and told me to chuck the old one in the bin - absolutely fantastic customer service.

You can try Vickers, if you get no joy go direct to the States.

Cheers Bobbo,

is this a shop you've used before (or anyone else reading this thread)? they don't seem to be listing hunting telescopic sights in their list of optics...

best wishes,

Finman

Hi Finman,

No haven't used them, just heard of them, yes they do repair rifle scopes if you scroll down there is actually a photo of rifle scopes and info.

Hope you get it sorted out anyway.

ATB

Bobbo.

• 2 months later...

I too thought the UK agent was still Vickers - and I too had little luck dealing with them quite a few years ago, when my original Bushnell Elite laser finder packed up. Neither did I have any success at dealing with Bushnell in the States. My laser was only a couple of years old, but the best offer I got from Vickers was to allow me a discount on buying a new one! I declined - and decided never to buy another Bushnell laser.... These days I use Leica, whose service and tech support both here and in Germany are excellent.

Tony

Hi guys,

an update: I have had little luck with the usual messages through the UK Bushnell importers. But, I was at Newark Shooting show when I spotted the Bushnell stall :). I approached them, explained my problem and my course of action till then. A very helpful and nice young lady offered to assist me and she gave me her email at Vickers, for me to forward all correspondence, which I did the following day. A gentleman from the Bushnell repair centre in Kent then emailed me with an address where to send the scope. I sent it and 3 weeks later it was back repaired. Can't complain...

Can't help thinking though that this was far from straight forward...

anyway, hope the above clears up any confusion and concludes the matter,

best wishes,

Finman

Glad you got sorted Finman, I noticed they had a stand at Newark. After my dealings with Vickers I was put off buying another Bushnell product for a long time. I finally relented and bought the excellent Arc 1600 Bino rangefinders - no point in cutting my own nose off to spite my face just because of a lousy dealer... Any issues and I'll let the retail outlet I purchased from sort it out.

Archived