Night vision tube scar

mutley

I'm gutted just spotted a bunny out the front window with my nv spotter, so took my .17hmr rifle with pvs14 on the back out to knock it over for fox bait, only to find out that it wouldn't turn on. Suddenly had that feeling of dred, as i only changed the battery a few nights back, turns out i've left it on overnight since about 3am when i had a quick scan out the window for a fox. Its scarred the tube with the retical now, i'm seroiusly pi##ed off with myself because the tube was flawless. Anyway won't be doing that in a rush again, anyone know how much a new gen 3 spotless tube costs?

Atb Matt

you can try leaving it switched on, facing a white piece of paper or card for several hours, this won't get rid of the burn, but it should reduce it considerably. If your after a tube, get in touch with Wink on airgunbbs he can sort something out for you.

I'm gutted just spotted a bunny out the front window with my nv spotter, so took my .17hmr rifle with pvs14 on the back out to knock it over for fox bait, only to find out that it wouldn't turn on. Suddenly had that feeling of dred, as i only changed the battery a few nights back, turns out I've left it on overnight since about 3am when i had a quick scan out the window for a fox. Its scarred the tube with the retical now, i'm seroiusly pi##ed off with myself because the tube was flawless. Anyway won't be doing that in a rush again, anyone know how much a new gen 3 spotless tube costs?

Atb Matt

Hi Matt just for info noticed this company do repairs if its of any help http://www.nvscopes.com/image%20intensifier%20tube%20repair%20repot%20rebuild.html

ATB

Bruce

Archived