V10 Atlas bipod update

This may be of interest, B&T are in the process of developing a new bipod for larger calibres. Heres some info from my correspondence with Kasey at B&T.

Dan

The V10 will not be replacing the V8 bipod. With the acceptance we are getting from the SOF community, the V8 bipod will remain our premier bipod for standard caliber rifles where high functionality and light weight are required.

The V10 will borrow patented features from the V8 and possibly some additional novelty. It will have HIGHLY TENSIONABLE pan and cant and a configuration different to the V8. It will not be as adaptable to some rifle stocks as the V8. It is designed for big bore rifles where additional weight and bulk is not an issue.

Part # BT35 - ATLAS 5-H BIPOD - V10 -Heavy Duty 1913 Rail mount

We will be giving all the details and pricing ASAP and not before. Until then, this is what I can say;

1. The Atlas 5-H borrows the Patented and Patent pending features found on the Atlas V8.

2. It will be geared towards the larger .338 and up calibers.

3. It will be heavier than the Atlas V8, but want to keep it's fighting weight at 16 ounces.

4. It will have a taller and wider stance

5. It will have 1-3 new and novel features that the big bore guys we have spoken to have deemed a requirement.

6. It is a 1913 rail mount bipod

Regards

Kasey

Dan.... On 260 Rem & 308 Win rifles I have been very impressed with the two V8 Atlas bipods that I bought from you recently although i won't be able to use them with my 338 Lap Mag until February.

If the price of the V10 is not too crazy and the features look worthwhile then I could well be interested in one when available....it would have to suit a Mac A5 with your AFAR picatinny fitment.

Archived