Quick trip out

flyingfisherman

Nipped out this evening to see if i could get round a roe or fox.. It turned out to be a pleasant evening and i sat spying a bank side which was in the sun. No joy on the deer front or fox.. far too many dog walkers in the area..

I thought something may happen as the sun dipped below the clouds, but nothing showed. Itching to shoot something, i found a rabbit at the bottom of the bank, checked the wind and zapped it with the range finder. Nothing too spectacular but gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that the rifle is still on and the load is still doing what it normally does..

4-7mph crosswind, 60 degrees off, range 419yds.

No videos or pictures unfortunately..

Im still in the market for a video camera with high optical zoom (20x) and mac compatible..

ATB,

FF

take a look at the Panasonic SD80 mate, im possibly in middle of purchasing one as we speak. 37x optical. :unsure:<_<:wacko:

Any shot at what ever is practice mate! Wish the weather would allow it for me....and the time!!! im itching to get my rifle used, been three months!!! Dont even know if it is on or not due to the amount of dust weighing heavily upon my scope! :lol:

CZV

Cheers guys, its my first shot this year with the big rifle i think.. I shot a couple of bunnies with the .22-250 but i dont have any confidence in this rifle yet.. Its not like the 7-08 which drills holes.

Load for the 7mm08 is;

140gn VLD

40gn H4895

Fed 210 match primers

Nolser custom brass (neck turned & 4 thou neck tension)

@ 2770fps

Av. group is 0.5MOA but shoots on occasion (if i pull my finger out) 0.2MOA

CZ, i will have a look at that panasonic. My missus (bless her) had researched before xmas but drew a blank for high optical zoom cameras which dont cost the earth and are compatible with macs.. I wish i could video these shots, even if it was just for personal gratification..

Oh, and rifle is a predator with a LW 1:10 stainless barrel, PM2 5-25x56 and JetZ mod.

Anyone tried this? Samsung SMX-F50 camcorder

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/11322417/art/samsung/smx-f50-camcorder-black.html

52x optical zoom.. ok its not HD but does that matter??

What does everyone use?

Archived