Ring Height

Nelly

Evening Alll.

Need some suggestions/advice about ring height.

Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 (objective tube diameter : 56mm)

One of Third Eye Tacitals' excellent 20 moa rails.

Howa M1500 .308.

Rings on the Howa at the minute do not fit (non picatinny) so am looking for some new ones.

Any help appreciated (as ever).

Thanks,Nelly.

Hi Nelly,

You won't go far wrong with medium Warne Weaver mounts for about £50 or £80 for the quick detach ones. They are very well made for the money and serve me well. Leupold about the same money and anything tactical from about £150+. Hope this helps, Simon

Hi Nelly,

You won't go far wrong with medium Warne Weaver mounts for about £50 or £80 for the quick detach ones. They are very well made for the money and serve me well. Leupold about the same money and anything tactical from about £150+. Hope this helps, Simon

Thanks for the quick reply.

Would these be the ones ?

ATB,Neil.

I have warne mounts on my CZ 22-250. Impressed pain to set up originally but once set don't move. I know a few people who just don't like that design but have to admit so far so good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Bought Warne Weaver mounts and they're great.

Well made and rock solid. A bit fiddly to get on and scope fitted but well worth it.

Thanks for the advice fellas.

Glad you are pleased with the Warnes. I have found the Burris Zee rings good for similar application, but might look into Warnes next time. Were you able to mount the scope low enough?

Glad you are pleased with the Warnes. I have found the Burris Zee rings good for similar application, but might look into Warnes next time. Were you able to mount the scope low enough?

I was able to mount the scope low enough. Not as low as with the Leupy rings but not much in it to be honest.

I suppose it may make a difference that it is a little higher but it has not shown itself yet.

Does anyone have any info about scope height in relation to accuracy etc ?

Read a few things but nothing conclusive.

I think its more an issue of ensuring that you can still get a decent cheek weld if your scope has been raised rather than accuracy as such.

learly if you are using a ballistics software then you will need to give it an accurate new sight height for it to work out accurate drops etc.

I think its more an issue of ensuring that you can still get a decent cheek weld if your scope has been raised rather than accuracy as such.

learly if you are using a ballistics software then you will need to give it an accurate new sight height for it to work out accurate drops etc.

That makes sense. The benefit I have noticed is, funnily enough, a more comfortable prone position.

Archived