Weihrauch hw 60

furniss480

Went to the gun shop today to buy a cz455 and they had sold it - but they had just got in a Weihrauch .22lr, it says rws made in germany on it - they didnt know what model it was :) and I dont either, but the trigger seemed very nice,it is heavy barrel (although too long) fully floated and was screwcut ready for a mod.

so i bought it,along with a bipod/scope 4-16(cheap but it will do for now) and a mod - I spent an hour in the field zeroing it in at 50yards and it seems pretty good,I was putting 3 into 1/2 inch at that range and as I said before the trigger is superb.

Anybody know what it is ? I would of said hw60 but there is no checkering on the wood and all the google images suggest it should have.

Went to the gun shop today to buy a cz455 and they had sold it - but they had just got in a Weihrauch .22lr, it says rws made in germany on it - they didnt know what model it was :) and I dont either, but the trigger seemed very nice,it is heavy barrel (although too long) fully floated and was screwcut ready for a mod.

so i bought it,along with a bipod/scope 4-16(cheap but it will do for now) and a mod - I spent an hour in the field zeroing it in at 50yards and it seems pretty good,I was putting 3 into 1/2 inch at that range and as I said before the trigger is superb.

Anybody know what it is ? I would of said hw60 but there is no checkering on the wood and all the google images suggest it should have.

Hi,

It IS a Weihrauch, But with the RWS name on it. RWS do a lot of 'badge engineering', putting their name on other peoples' products and selling it as their own. The lack of chequering is probably down to the rifle being made to a price for RWS. It is common in Germany especially for sales through the large 'houses' such as AKAH and Waffen-Frankonia. Even Mauser have done it in the past (not the present company) by selling Mauser badged rifles by companies such as Heym and Voere,

Alan

Hi,

It IS a Weihrauch, But with the RWS name on it. RWS do a lot of 'badge engineering', putting their name on other peoples' products and selling it as their own. The lack of chequering is probably down to the rifle being made to a price for RWS. It is common in Germany especially for sales through the large 'houses' such as AKAH and Waffen-Frankonia. Even Mauser have done it in the past (not the present company) by selling Mauser badged rifles by companies such as Heym and Voere,

Alan

Cheers for that Alan,

So its a HW60 basically, ie a weihrauch action and im guessing a rekord trigger ??? in a cheaper stock. RE: the trigger it has a lovely smooth first stage then a really crisp break/no creep, its not saying a lot I know but its the best trigger I have used, it just needs the barrel shortening and a lovely custom stock ....is there anyone doing stocks for this gun ??

Cheers for that Alan,

So its a HW60 basically, ie a weihrauch action and im guessing a rekord trigger ??? in a cheaper stock. RE: the trigger it has a lovely smooth first stage then a really crisp break/no creep, its not saying a lot I know but its the best trigger I have used, it just needs the barrel shortening and a lovely custom stock ....is there anyone doing stocks for this gun ??

Hi,

The best source for a better quality stock would be Weihrauch themselves, the 60J has a Bavarian style stock. The 66 has a nice classic style stock but is inletted for a heavy barrel. An after market semi-custom job would probably be cost prohibitive for the rifle,

Cheers

Alan

Hi,

The best source for a better quality stock would be Weihrauch themselves, the 60J has a Bavarian style stock. The 66 has a nice classic style stock but is inletted for a heavy barrel. An after market semi-custom job would probably be cost prohibitive for the rifle,

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan,

found this link

http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/seiten/englisch/match%20und%20jagd/e_match_und_jagd.html

I think its this rifle - HW66 production.

The guy in the shop said it was a fairly new so that would add up.

I have the HW66 Jagd Match stock and apart from the need some finishing I love its balance and grip. I found Hull Cartidge to be excellent in their customer service. Alternatively, have a look at Gary Cane's stocks and drool !!

Yes some of those are a bit nice :) not sure I would want it to rattle around in the landy though !

Thanks Alan,

found this link

http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/seiten/englisch/match%20und%20jagd/e_match_und_jagd.html

I think its this rifle - HW66 production.

The guy in the shop said it was a fairly new so that would add up.

Hi,

If you have the 66 Hunting Stock then that is possibly the best option available, the Jagdmatch is the target type. Why not get the existing stock chequered?

Alan

Hi,

If you have the 66 Hunting Stock then that is possibly the best option available, the Jagdmatch is the target type. Why not get the existing stock chequered?

Alan

I suppose its an option yes,but although I like a smart looking rifle and some of those custom stocks are lovely, in reality its going to get a bit of rough service - it has already got a small bruise on the cheek area from getting out of the landy window in a rush :rolleyes:

Archived