lightforce infared filter

cloverleaf

Hi Guys,

Just bought a infared filter for lightforce lance 140 variable power. Will be using it with a Archer.

Anyone used one have any thoughts?

Cloverleaf

If your lamp is scope mounted it will be fine just keep the power down, if it's hand held it's tricky lining up your Archer, lamp beam and your intended target......been there tried that.

You should do well with that setup.

I've used my 170 and home-made IR filter and get a lovely clean beam. With my GEN1+ spotter, I've illuminated charlie at 600 yards, pinged with an rf.

My beam doesn't have a distinct 'end' to the outside of the beam, but I'm guessing it's because it's not the factory filter.

George

You should do well with that setup.

I've used my 170 and home-made IR filter and get a lovely clean beam. With my GEN1+ spotter, I've illuminated charlie at 600 yards, pinged with an rf.

My beam doesn't have a distinct 'end' to the outside of the beam, but I'm guessing it's because it's not the factory filter.

George

Hi,

Well i bought a filter for the 140 off e bay and won it for £43 so saved some money there.

had a quick look through the acher on wednesday but been to busy to go out but going tonight. well impressed with the unit. wont take ir filter tonight but will post how it goes.... what gen 1 spotter do you use? as i think my shooting mate may feel a bit in the dark ( excuse the pun) with the nv shooting and be good to get a spotter unit for him.

I personally use a Cobra Tracker, which is a true GEN1+, and is a world apart from GEN1 units. Not cheap, but well worth the money, IMHO.

I mostly use it in it's 1x form, so that I get a huge field of view, but I also have a 2.7x lens for it.

George

Well been out and it works brilliantly!

shot a few rabbits first then called a fox in and hey presto! just looked through the bushnell scope that i have bought for foxing and it looks great through that also which is a relief as some poeple have said that they dont work through the rain guard hd coating but mine looks all good!

so now jst a look through the zeiss zeiss, will have a lookm at the cobra unit.

Cheers

Cloverleaf

Archived