A cracking time in Sussex

Well guys and girls had a very kind offer from Linda /Dave and Keith to go to Sussex to do some stalking , so on arrival we went to see Linda and Dave at their work place!!

So good to see them again , so with a good chat we dropped our gear off to their house and then it was off to meet Roger another stalking friend of theirs!!!

Well i was in for a surprise , Roger was going to take us out stalking!! :D

So i was positioned in a high seat while Keith and Roger went on foot , I was just enjoying the scenery when i heard a " crack - thud" so i thought thats one down and nice one Mr Cann!!!

Well as the light started to change a heard of 8 fallow does and a fallow buck came out to feed , so i picked a doe and knocked her over with my Sako 6PPC running 85 grain Nosler sSPs.......DSCF1534.jpg

Keith and Roger came over with the pickup to congratulate me , but the buggers told me Keith had missed and questioned the reloads he was using!!!

I started to feel bad , so we drove off and then we drove into a field then stopped , both Keith and Roger got out of the truck then pulled out a large Fallow doe from the hedge line!! , " YOU B**TARDS!!!!! " i said , they both laughed because they wound me up good and proper!!!!

Keith's fallow doe was a good size and he had a great shot off his sticks at over 170 meters!!!! :P :P

Cant thank Roger and Keith enough - thanks guys!!!!!

A cracking start to our holiday break!!! :lol::D

Met up with Dave and Linda in the evening and they congratulated us too!!!!

Well they had lots of stalking and they had some surprises lined up too!!!!

Next day was positioned on a low seat early morning when a monster Fallow buck came out the woods 200yds away , this time i had the 6.5-284 so rock on!!!!

Unfortunately no safe shot presented but i still loved the experience of seeing such a cracking beast!!!!

Next up was one of the surprises and that was a guided tour round a deer park!!!

Heres some photos...................DSCF1541.jpgDSCF1542.jpg

DSCF1551.jpgDSCF1553.jpg

As you can see their was lots of different deer species to see !!!!!!

We all had a cracking time looking around this park and give great thanks to the gentleman concerned for allowing us this special memory and for taking the time to show us around!!!

The next up was a surprise visit to RPA INTERNATIONAL LTD , well you should of seen my face!!!!

We were greeted by Mike cherry and his associates , well we were made very welcome and was shown all the range of rifles and spent the 3 hours having a chat!!

I would like to thank the guys at RPA for their genrosity , and most of all to Linda / Dave and Keith for a lovely surprise!!!

Next up was some more stalking , Dave sat me up in a mobile high seat while Linda took Keith to another area........

As the light started to fade 3 fallow does and a buck came out , i picked a doe and knocked her over with the 6PPC and Nosler SP combination!!!

I reloaded and the buck stayed there so i knocked him over too!!!

What a fantastic experience!!!!DSCF1564.jpg

Only problem was getting them out but Dave had that covered!!

Mk 1 wheelbarrow with carcase carrier!!!..............DSCF1560.jpg

Well we was bloody knackered after pushing that lot back to the pickup!!!! a bit of hard work makes it that more special !!!

There you have it , i have had a experince that will last me forever in my days!!!!

I would like to thank Keith for arranging it and making it possible , i would like to thank Roger for his kindness!!!

And i have this to say , and that is ... Linda and Dave have busted their asses to make this all possible and i am forever in your debt!!!!

I have so many people to thank , like the park estate guy / RPA / Roger / and Keith / Linda and Dave .........

We lived like kings , ate and drank well / hunted well with a couple of surprises thrown in ..... I THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

All the very best my lovelies....................... ;) ;)

RAY......................................... :D;)

Glad you had such a great time. Looks like you managed to bag your self a few quality shots there.

Mmmmm I can just smell those sausages cooking :P

Lucky bugger getting a visit to the RPA factory, I bet that was fascinating.

It will take you a week to come down from that adrenaline rush :P

Cheers

Dave

mine mine hes's all mine

the dirty bugger's round my gaf getting sloshed and fed well and is going to sleep in his spare room, I mean the guest room

kebabs, cake, strudle oh yeh and more cake

we seen some beutiful roe doe's this eve or should I say roe don't cause apparently I am very inexperienced in case you hadn't heard so shouldnt shoot'em

got to go cause the man bitch wants another beer

chow 4 now brown cow :rolleyes::lol::D

Well guys and girls a big thanks for your replies!!!!! :D:rolleyes:

So flattering that peoples kindness will give me a memory that will last forever!!!!

A big thanks again to Keith / Linda and Dave for all their hard work - cant thank you enough!!!!! :D :D

All the best..............

RAY......................... :D:lol:

well done there mate it looks and sounds like you had one hell of a time, its good to get out there and get a few all the best ds2 ;)

Thanks matey , like you said it was awesome!!! :lol: :lol:

I see from your post you have been out too!!! Well done there and so glad you had a great time too!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

All the best.................

RAY.................................. :D:lol:

Ray,

Sure sounds like ya had the time of a lifetime...

And earned some very tasty venison too.

Congrats.

308Panther

Thanks panther!!! ;) ;)

I had an absolute ball buddy thanks to other peoples kindness!!!!

I am forever gratefull !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D;)

All the best matey.................

RAY.................................. :D :D

Well done & a good read nice pic's good to hear you had a good time & enjoyed.

Thanks v-max!!!! :(;)

Had the time of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

All the best................

RAY................................... :D:huh:

Archived