scope choice

Aggy

Hello I have been trying to decide what scope to get for a while .It will be going on a .308 rem 700 varmint sat in a Aics fixed stock .It will be used soley for target shooting and although I have never shot at 1000 yrd I would like to work up to it .At the moment I have on my list

1.. 2.5x16x42 Bushnell Elite Tactical "think mag may be a little low "

2.. 8x32x 50 siii sightron "Heard mixed reports about build quallity "

3.. 6x24x50 Bushnell Elite Tactical

4.. Zeiss conquest 6x20x50 in sales section

Budget is £600

really dont know what to get

thanks for any advise

Mick

Hi Aggy as you said the bushnell elite mag a little on the low side

zeiss conquest good scope but i find when i tryed and owned one the clicks did,nt seem positive to much play in them but good glass

8-32 sightron a good scope and glass on parr with nightforce

i bought a tactical sightron 6-24x50 about 5 months ago for £845look on aimfeilds sports web found it to be a really good scope positive clicks and brilliant glass build wise i would say as good as all other scopes i have had internally dont know but traking on it very good take it up 10-15 moa and back to zero no problems i bought it to put on my 20tac for foxing and long range plinking but with it not being luminated ret could manage with it but not perfect for foxing so i have bought a smidt. scope is like brand new with all the extras i would sell you that if intrested for £600

Hello I have been trying to decide what scope to get for a while .It will be going on a .308 rem 700 varmint sat in a Aics fixed stock .It will be used soley for target shooting and although I have never shot at 1000 yrd I would like to work up to it .At the moment I have on my list

1.. 2.5x16x42 Bushnell Elite Tactical "think mag may be a little low "

2.. 8x32x 50 siii sightron "Heard mixed reports about build quallity "

3.. 6x24x50 Bushnell Elite Tactical

4.. Zeiss conquest 6x20x50 in sales section

Budget is £600

really dont know what to get

thanks for any advise

Mick

Hi Mick,

Regarding your potential scope choices,

1. Bushnell 2.5-16x42. Magnification is a little low and you could benefit from a larger objective.

2. Sightron 8-32x50. I zeroed one these this weekend, optically good but the 'clicks' were so feeble as to be almost undetectable. Others I have tried have seemed 'plasticy' and 'fragile' in feel.

3. Bushnell 6-24x50. Optically not brilliant but acceptable on a budget and usually the click values are reliable.

4. Zeiss 6-20x50. If it has the features you want then go for it.

Best bet is to actually handle any that you are interested in and base your choice on clarity and how they feel, especially the 'clicks',

Alan

Archived