Bullets and brass

6mmBR

Good news folks :angry: I've just got off the phone with Sinclair International and was placing an order. I was chatting with Ron and things have changed a wee bit and they can now ship internationally upto 900 combined pieces of brass or bullet heads ;)

So I oredered some 120 bergers in 6.5 at $28 per hundred on the exchage rate thats £14 a hundred :P even with 20% vat/duties on top its still a hell of a lot cheaper than the UK :angry:

Cheers All

Dave

thats great news, do you know if this counts for expanding heads like the v-max? (I doubt it does but I have to ask)

Craig I didn't risk asking for V max and just stuck with what is alowed to be posted in the UK. I don't think there would have been a problem US side more over here.

Martin I don't know what the shipping costs are yet, as soon as I'm invoiced I'll let you know.

This seems good news, lets hope it lasts.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received my order as slightly slower to ship with bullets and brass.

The saving is very good indeed, bullets which would cost me £28 per 100 in the UK cost me £20.02 from the USA that is including delivery from the US and VAT and duty on arrival.

Thats a saving of £8 per hundred, I ordered my full quota of 900 bullets so thats a massive saving of £72 on UK prices ;) . Rip off Britain is well and trully alive ;)

Cheers

Dave

Dave I gotta say thats a real good service they have given you there, cheap too. :lol:

Craig;

It is an offence to send expanding heads through the post to you in this country so I would assume, you'd get serious that which promotes growth and vigour from somewhere if you tried it. Not sure tho' if they were sent to a RFD which in theory should be straight forward as you'd just ship to their addy as an alternative to yours in the order?

What with the conflicts going on in two places, I am finding it extremely hard to get my fav's 6.5 Sierra SPBT 140g as all the ammo appears to be going to the USMC right now.

On the off chance does anyone know where I can get some? I am located Sth of the M4 Wilts / BANE border

TTFN

OA

• 2 weeks later...

I order some varmint grenades from Midway Uk and they said providing it went to an RFD they could deliver. However they required a fax from the selected RFD confirming that they would accept them on your behalf. I am not sure how it would work from the USA though. 6mmbr do you order your brass from the USA as well, I am about to start loading for my swift and I am considering ordering my brass from Sinclair based on the price. OK so shipping and import duty will put the price up but it is still going to be significantly cheaper to buy norma brass from the USA. Your thoughts gentlemen please

Yes you can get your brass from Sinclair International in the USA. You can have upto 900 pieces of brass or bullets without requiring an export permit. You will find you will make around a 25% saving over UK price and that includes having to pay import duty and VAT.

Cheers

Dave

It is an offence to send expanding heads through the post to you in this country

OA

I think you will find that it is only an offence to send restricted items such as expanding bullets through the post in the UK but not to receive them. As long as your licence covers the quantity you order there should be no problem in receiving them from the USA.

I think you will find that it is only an offence to send restricted items such as expanding bullets through the post in the UK but not to receive them. As long as your licence covers the quantity you order there should be no problem in receiving them from the USA.

So when they get to the borders of the UK and then onto your home address they are not in the post if they were posted from the USA???

Where is your authority for that statement 325?

Archived